Georgetown GO Station
|Location||55 Queen Street
|Owned by||GTR 1856-1923
VIA Rail 1978-present
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Structure type||Heritage station building|
|Station code||GO Transit: GEGO|
Georgetown GO Station is a railway station served by GO Transit's Kitchener line and Via Rail's Toronto-Sarnia train. It is located west of Mountainview Road North at 55 Queen Street in Georgetown, Ontario, Canada.
The station once had a water tower for steam trains and had platforms on both sides of the station building, with the south side now paved over for a large commuter parking lot.
The station was the terminus of the then-named Georgetown line for most of its GO Transit history, from 1978 to 1990 and 1993 to 2011. Between 1990 and 1993 and since 2011, some GO Trains have served stations further west; as of 2015 the majority of trains on the line continue to originate and terminate here.
The two mainline tracks are used jointly by Canadian National, Via Rail and GO Transit. On the north side of the station a yard provides four layover tracks and an island platform used for GO Train service. Via trains operate from a side platform on the south side of the station, adjacent to the station building.
The station has two parking lots. The main parking lot and station building are located on the south side of the tracks adjacent to a bus loading/unloading zone.
Ticket sales are available during peak hours with an attendant, as well as during evenings for the last few days of every month.
The station building is open during the posted GO train hours and for a half hour before each Via train arrival.
- GO Transit Kitchener line - Kitchener - Toronto: six trains eastbound toward Union Station in the morning and six trains westbound in the afternoon. Two trains in each direction operate the full route between Kitchener and Toronto and four operate only between Georgetown and Toronto.
- Via Rail Corridor Service - Sarnia - London - Kitchener - Toronto: two daily trains in each direction, one operating the full route between Sarnia and Toronto, and the other operating only between London and Toronto.
- GO Bus Route 31 - Guelph - Georgetown - Brampton - Toronto
- GO Bus Route 33 - Guelph - Georgetown - Brampton - Yorkdale - York Mills
- Halton Hills's Activan - for registered clients with a booking
- Media related to Georgetown railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Georgetown GO Station
- Via Rail station page for Georgetown GO Station