Georgi Georgiev (footballer born 1988)
|Full name||Georgi Nikolaev Georgiev|
|Date of birth||12 October 1988|
|Place of birth||Shumen, Bulgaria|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
(on loan from Sheriff Tiraspol)
|2013–||→ Tiraspol (loan)||23||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Georgi Georgiev (Bulgarian: Георги Георгиев; born 12 October 1988) is a Bulgarian footballer, who currently plays as a goalkeeper in the Moldovan National Division for FC Tiraspol on loan from Sheriff Tiraspol.
On 1 July 2011, Georgiev signed a two-year contract with FC Tiraspol following a successful trial period with the club. He quickly became the first choice goalkeeper. Georgiev made his league debut in a 1–0 away loss against Olimpia Bălţi on 23 July 2011.
On 9 January 2013, Georgiev signed a one-year contract extension, keeping him at Tiraspol until 2014. On 26 May, Georgiev led Tiraspol out as captain in the 2013 Moldovan Cup Final, which they won 6–4 after penalties against Veris Drăgăneşti. He played an important role in the penalty shootout held after the teams remained tied 2–2 after extra time, making two saves.
- "Шуменец ще пази вратата на ФК Тираспол от Молдова" (in Bulgarian). mashu.bg. 1 July 2011.
- "Георги Георгиев подписа нов договор с ФК Тираспол" (in Bulgarian). football24.bg. 10 January 2013.
- "Veris 4–6 Tiraspol". fc-tiraspol.com. 26 May 2013.
- "Maiden Moldovan Cup for Tiraspol". uefa.com. 27 May 2013.
- "Вратарят Георги Георгиев премина в шампиона на Молдова Шериф" (in Bulgarian). gong.bg. 13 June 2013.
- "Шериф върна български вратар на ФК Тираспол" (in Bulgarian). novsport.com. 16 August 2013.
- Profile at Soccerway
|This biographical article related to association football in Bulgaria, about a goalkeeper, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|