||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
|Born||15 March 1993|
|Origin||Ascot, Berkshire, England|
|Associated acts||Axwell, The Stoops, Feenixpawl, Promise Land|
Georgi Kay began playing lead guitar for rock group, The Vains, at the age of fourteen. Within a year she also took on the lead vocal duties. By 2009, Kay was playing solo shows and recording some of her original material for release.
Kay has received a number of awards and nominations, including 'Most Outstanding Performer Award', My Big Gig; winner, 2010 MySpace/Sony/fbiradio National Songwriting competition with "You & Me"; youngest ever winner of the WAM Song of the Year Award, winning in 2010 with "Breakfast in Bedlam";, releasing a debut EP, Strange Things in March 2010, nominated for an Independent Music Award for the song "Back to Back" in 2011, and Urban/hiphop winner WAM Song of the Year Award, in 2011 with her collaboration "Free" with The Stoops. In May 2011 Kay released her debut album, Backwardsforwards.
Kay wrote and featured on the track "In My Mind", released on Axtone Records in January 2012, in collaboration with Australian house music producers Feenixpawl and Ivan Gough. Flo Rida released a remix titled "In My Mind, Part II". The track marks Kay's first appearance on a major label international album. "In My Mind" was chosen by KIA Motors for their 2013 US advertising campaign titled "Bringing Down The House" and the launch video made its debut on over 18,000 movie screens during the MTV Video Music Awards on 6 September.
In February 2012, Kay played the role of Melissa in the Jane Campion directed television miniseries, Top of the Lake, filmed in Otago, New Zealand. The miniseries featured Holly Hunter, Elisabeth Moss, Peter Mullan, David Wenham, and Lucy Lawless and was produced by Emile Sherman and Iain Canning ( Academy Award winners for The King's Speech). BBC2 and The Sundance Channel will screen in the US and UK in early 2013.
In April 2013 Georgi signed with Parlophone Records in London. 
In June 2013, "In My Mind" won Dance Work of the Year for her collaboration with Feenixpawl & Ivan Gough at the 2013 APRA/AMCOS Music Awards. Georgi also won the APRA Professional Development Award.
In December 2014 Georgi wrote, produced and recorded "Head Full of Lies" as the theme music for the opening/closing credits for the 3-part Netflix dystopian miniseries "Residue".
- Backwardsforwards (30 May 2011)
- Strange Things (6 March 2010)
- In My Mind (28 May 2013)
- "Lionheart" (November 2010)
- "In My Mind Part 2" (March 2013)
- "Ipswich" (March 2013)
- "Follow Me Part 1" (March 2015)
- "Head Full of Lies" (April 2015)
|"In My Mind"||2012||Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl|
|"In My Mind, Part 2"||Flo Rida||Wild Ones|
|"Follow Me Part 1"||2015||Brodinski||Brava|
- [dead link]
- "perthbands.com". perthbands.com. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- Feilding, Dan (12 November 2010). "Bon Jovi Support Band Enteries-Georgi Kay". In The Mix.
- Craddock, Dave (14 October 2010). "Schoolgirl Georgi Kay wins WAM Song of the Year Crown". PerthNow (Sunday Times).
- "WAM Song of the Year 2011". WAM Song of the Year. Western Australian Music Industry. 13 October 2011.
- Lendrum, Tony (9 August 2011). "Georgi Kay - Backwards Forwards (2011 LP)". The [AU] Review. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "2013 Kia Soul Hamster Commercial video | Kia Blog :: 2014 Kia News". Kia-world.net. 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- Michael Ausiello (2012-02-20). "Lucy Lawless Joins Top of the Lake — BBC and Sundance Channel". TVLine. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- Emami, Gazelle (3 November 2011). "'Top Of The Lake': Elisabeth Moss Gets Her Own BBC Series (UPDATED)". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2011-11-04). "Sundance To Co-Produce Jane Campion's 'Top Of The Lake', Holly Hunter To Co-Star". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Aria Awards / 2012 Best Dance Release - 26th ARIA Awards 2012". Ariaawards.com.au. Retrieved 2013-08-06.