Georgia's 11th congressional district
|Georgia's 11th congressional district|
|Current Representative||Phil Gingrey (R–Marietta)|
|Ethnicity||?% White, 16.66% Black, 10.85% Hispanic|
Georgia's 11th congressional district is congressional district in the U.S. state of Georgia. The district is currently represented by Republican Phil Gingrey, though the district's boundaries have been redrawn following the 2010 census, which granted an additional congressional seat to Georgia. The first election using the new district boundaries (listed below) were the 2012 congressional elections.
- Bartow County
- Cobb County (Partial, see also 6th district, and 13th district)
- Fulton ("Partial")
List of representatives
|District established following the 52nd Congress, based on the 1890 census.|
|March 4, 1893||March 3, 1897||Henry G. Turner||Democrat||Re-elected in 1892 after being redistricted from the 2nd district.
Re-elected in 1894.
|March 4, 1897||March 3, 1913||William G. Brantley||Democrat|
|March 4, 1913||March 3, 1919||John R. Walker||Democrat|
|March 4, 1919||March 3, 1933||William C. Lankford||Democrat|
|District eliminated beginning with the 73rd Congress, based on the 1930 census.|
|District re-established following the 102nd Congress, based on the 1990 census.|
|January 3, 1993||January 3, 1997||Cynthia McKinney||Democrat||First elected in 1992.
Re-elected in 1994.
Re-elected in 1996 after being redistricted to the 4th district.
|January 3, 1997||January 3, 2003||John Linder||Republican||Re-elected in 1996 after being redistricted from the 4th district.
Re-elected in 1998.
Re-elected in 2000.
Re-elected in 2002 after being redistricted to the 7th district.
|January 3, 2003||incumbent||Phil Gingrey||Republican||Chattooga, Floyd, Haralson, Heard, Meriwether, Polk, Talbot counties and parts of Bartow, Carroll, Cobb, Coweta, Douglas, Harris, Muscogee, Paulding, Troup, Upson counties.||First elected in 2002.
Re-elected in 2004.
Re-elected in 2006.
Re-elected in 2008.
Re-elected in 2010.
Re-elected in 2012.
|Bartow, Chattooga, Floyd, Haralson, and Polk counties and parts of Carroll, Cobb, and Gordon counties.|
|Bartow and Cherokee counties and parts of Cobb and Fulton counties.|
|Georgia's 11th Congressional District Election (2002)|
|Georgia's 11th Congressional District Election (2004)|
|Georgia's 11th Congressional District Election (2006)|
|Georgia's 11th Congressional District Election (2008)|
|Georgia's 11th Congressional District Election (2010)|
- Statistical Analysis of 2012 Congressional maps, Georgia Legislature. Last accessed 2012-1-1
- "Partisan Voting Index Districts of the 113th Congress: 2004 & 2008". The Cook Political Report. 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- Justice Department approves Georgia's political maps. Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Last accessed 2011-12-27
- 2012 Congressional maps, Georgia Legislature. Last accessed 2012-1-1
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present
- Jeff Anderson- Independent Grassroots Candidate for the 11th District Seat 2010