Georgia State Route 13
|Maintained by GDOT|
|Length:||49.5 mi (79.7 km)|
|South end:||US 19 / SR 9 in Atlanta|
| I‑85 in Atlanta
US 23 / SR 155 southwest of Chamblee
I‑285 in Doraville
US 23 / SR 20 in Sugar Hill
I‑985 east of Oakwood
|North end:||SR 369 in Gainesville|
|Counties:||Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Hall|
State Route 13 (SR 13) is a 49.5-mile-long (79.7 km) state highway in the north-central part of the U.S. state of Georgia, that travels through portions of Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, and Hall. It begins at West Peachtree Street and Spring Street (U.S. Route 19 (US 19)/SR 9) just to the north of 17th Street in north Midtown Atlanta. The section near Downtown Atlanta is a full freeway, from its south end to Sidney Marcus Boulevard. This was the original alignment of Interstate 85 (I-85; Northeast Expressway) through northeast Atlanta. The route ends at Jesse Jewell Parkway (SR 369) in Gainesville. The name changes from Buford Highway to Atlanta Highway at the northeast city limits of Buford. The stretch between the DeKalb–Fulton County line and several miles northeast of I-285 is often regarded as a community (see Buford Highway).
|This section requires expansion. (December 2013)|
SR 13 begins at an intersection with US 19 and SR 9, which are aligned onto two one-way streets, Spring Street southbound and West Peachtree Street northbound. The route starts heading west but curves around to the northeast along a section of freeway adjacent to I-85. A half-interchange provides a shortcut for southbound SR 13 traffic to Peachtree Street and from Peachtree to northbound SR 13. The connection provides a savings of 3⁄4 mile (1.2 km) by allowing vehicles to avoid the southernmost section of SR 13.
All of SR 13, from its southern terminus to the DeKalb–Gwinnett county line, is included as part of the National Highway System, a system of roadways important to the nation's economy, defense, and mobility.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2012)|
||This section contains a table that is missing mileposts for one or more junctions. Please help by .|
|Fulton||Atlanta||0.00||0.00||US 19 south / SR 9 south (Spring Street) / Peachtree Street – Downtown Atlanta||Freeway section begins|
|0.42||0.68||US 19 north / SR 9 north (Peachtree Street) – Buckhead||Southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|1.38||2.22||I‑85 south (SR 403) to I‑75||Southbound exit and northbound entrance; I-85 exit 86|
|2.01||3.23||Armour Drive / Monroe Drive to Piedmont Road south|
|2.18||3.51||SR 237 north (Piedmont Road)||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|2.87||4.62||I‑85 north (SR 403) – Greenville||Northbound exit and southbound entrance; I-85 exit 86|
|3.17||5.10||To SR 237 (Piedmont Road) / SR 400 north / Sidney Marcus Boulevard||north end of freeway|
|DeKalb||Brookhaven||4.35||7.00||SR 42 south (North Druid Hills Road) to I‑85|
|6.69||10.77||US 23 south / SR 155 south (Clairmont Road) to I‑85||South end of US 23 overlap|
|Doraville||SR 13 Conn. west (Motors Industrial Way)|
|10.55||16.98||I‑285 (SR 417) to I‑85||I-285 exit 32|
|14.27||22.97||SR 140 (Jimmy Carter Boulevard) to I‑85 / SR 141 – Roswell, Tucker|
|Norcross||15.70||25.27||SR 378 east (Beaver Ruin Road) to I‑85 – Lilburn|
|Duluth||To I‑85 / Pleasant Hill Road||interchange|
|21.04||33.86||SR 120 (Duluth Highway) / West Lawrenceville Street – Alpharetta, Lawrenceville|
|Suwanee||27.18||43.74||SR 317 south (Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road) to I‑85|
|31.29||50.36||US 23 north / SR 20 (Nelson Brogdon Boulevard / Buford Drive) to I‑985 – Cumming, Coolray Field||North end US 23 overlap|
|Hall||Buford||35.78||57.58||SR 347 (Lanier Islands Parkway)|
|Oakwood||44.33||71.34||SR 53 (Mundy Mill Road) to I‑985 – Oakwood, Chestnut Mountain, University of North Georgia|
|44.58||71.74||SR 332 (Poplar Springs Road) – Talmo|
|45.19||72.73||I‑985 (US 23 / SR 365 / SR 419)|
|Gainesville||49.53||79.71||SR 369 east (Browns Bridge Road)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
|Length:||1.0 mi (1.6 km)|
State Route 13 Connector (SR 13 Connector) is a 1-mile-long (1.6 km) connector route that connects US 23/SR 13 (Buford Highway NE) to SR 141 (Peachtree Industrial Boulevard) in Doraville, within DeKalb County. The entire route runs along Motors Industrial Way, a four-lane expressway with a grassy median. The route is separated from the inner lanes of Interstate 285 (I-295) by a Jersey barrier.
|0.0||0.0||US 23 / SR 13 (Buford Highway NE)||Southern terminus|
|1.0||1.6||SR 141 (Peachtree Industrial Boulevard) – Chamblee, Norcross||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Google Inc. "Route of SR 13". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Atlanta+Rd&hl=en&ll=34.039005,-84.042664&spn=0.965007,2.113495&sll=34.287352,-83.837&sspn=0.001879,0.004128&geocode=FV6oAwIdNFj4-g%3BFTsvCwIdCbwA-w&dirflg=h&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=19&t=m&z=10. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Google Inc. "SR 13 to Peachtree via SR 13". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Spring+Buford+Conn&daddr=33.7995891,-84.3908756+to:Peachtree+St+NE&hl=en&sll=33.799834,-84.386523&sspn=0.009415,0.013797&geocode=Fe7KAwIdzGP4-g%3BFaW9AwIdJUz4-invJ2z6UwT1iDEBF4TaYg92fw%3BFQa4AwId_Ez4-g&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=16&via=1&t=h&z=16. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- Google Inc. "SR 13 to Peachtree via exit". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Spring+Buford+Conn&daddr=Peachtree+St+NE&hl=en&sll=33.799834,-84.386523&sspn=0.009415,0.013797&geocode=Fe7KAwIdzGP4-g%3BFQa4AwId_Ez4-g&mra=prv&t=h&z=16. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "National Highway System: Georgia" (PDF). United States Department of Transportation. October 1, 2012. Retrieved August 25, 2013.
- Google Inc. "Route of SR 13 Connector". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Motors+Industrial+Way&daddr=Motors+Industrial+Way&hl=en&ll=33.907697,-84.280865&spn=0.015102,0.033023&sll=33.911007,-84.287973&sspn=0.001888,0.004128&geocode=FRVQBQIddxL6-g%3BFfFwBQIdAdv5-g&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=19&t=h&z=16. Retrieved August 25, 2013.