Georgia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012
|Eurovision Song Contest 2012|
|Selection process||National Final
|Selection date(s)||19 February 2012|
|Selected entrant||Anri Jokhadze|
|Selected song||"I'm a Joker"|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (14th, 36 points)|
|Georgia in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Georgia participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan. The Georgian entry was selected through a national selection, organised by the Georgian broadcaster GPB. Anri Jokhadze represented Georgia with the song "I'm a Joker", which failed to qualify from the second semi-final, achieving 14th place with 36 points.
On 9 December 2011, GPB confirmed their participation in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku.
On 15 December 2011, GPB called for songs for the national selection. Songs must be in English or Georgian. Entries can be submitted until 15 January 2012. An internal panel of experts will then select a number of songs that will proceed to the national final, to be held in the beginning of February. The winner will be decided through a combination of jury voting and SMS voting at a 50-50% stake.
|2||November||"Letter to a friend"|
|4||Levan Jibladze (Leo Jee)||"It's my life"|
|5||Edward Tatiani (Eddie)||"Hey you"|
|6||Boris Bedia||"It's life"|
|7||Vanilla Cage||"Breaking the cage"|
|9||Anri Jokhadze||"I'm a Joker"|
Georgia competed in the second half of the second semi-final (12th on stage), on 24 May 2012, following Sweden and preceding the Turkey. Georgia received 36 points and placed 14th, thus failing to qualify for the final on 26 May.
- In the Semi-final Georgia came 14th with 36 points: the public awarded Georgia 18th place with 15 points and the jury awarded 8th place with 62 points.
Points awarded to Georgia
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Georgia
Semi final 2
Points awarded in second semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Semi-Final (2)". Eurovision.tv.
- Brey, Marco (19 February 2012). "Anri Jokhadze to represent Georgia". Eurovision.tv.
- Jiandani, Sanjay (9 December 2011). "Georgia: GPB confirms participation in Baku!". ESCToday.com. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- Omelyanchuk, Olena (17 December 2011). "Georgia is looking for its star for Baku!". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- Jiandani, Sanjay (15 December 2011). "Georgia: GPB calls for songs". ESCToday.com. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- Siim, Jarmo (18 June 2012). "Eurovision 2012 split jury-televote results revealed". Eurovision.tv.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv.