Georgia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014
|Eurovision Song Contest 2014|
|Selection process||Internal Selection|
|Selection date(s)||Artist: 4 February 2014
Song: 14 March 2014
|Selected entrant||The Shin and Mariko|
|Selected song||"Three Minutes to Earth"|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (15th, 15 points)|
|Georgia in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Georgia participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen, Denmark. Their entry will be selected through an internal selection, organised by the Georgian broadcaster Georgian Public Broadcaster (GPB). The Shin and Mariko represented Georgia with the song "Three Minutes to Earth", which failed to qualify from the second semi-final.
The Georgian broadcaster GPB opted to select both the artist and song for the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest through an internal selection conducted by an expert commission. During a press conference at GPB's Assembly Hall on 4 February 2014, the 2013 Georgian Eurovision entrants Nodiko Tatishvili and Sophie Gelovani announced that The Shin together with Mariko Ebralidze had been selected to represent Georgia. The Shin and Mariko recorded the Georgian song "Three Minutes to Earth" in Stuttgart in late February 2014. The song was composed by The Shin band member Zaza Miminoshvili with lyrics by Eugen Eliu. The presentation of the entry occurred on 14 March 2014.
During the semi-final allocation draw on 20 January 2014 at the Copenhagen City Hall, Georgia was drawn to compete in the first half of the second semi-final on 8 May 2014. In the second semi-final, the producers of the show decided that Georgia would perform 4th, following Norway and preceding Poland. Georgia failed to qualify from the second semi-final.
The Georgian performance featured the members of The Shin along with Mariko performing the song while playing instruments and one of the members of The Shin, Alexander Chumburidze, wearing a parachute. The LED screens projected blue skies which transitioned into a meadow and mountainous landscape.
In Georgia, the semi-finals and the final will be broadcast on GBP First Channel with commentary by Lado Tatishvili and Tamuna Museridze. The Georgian spokespersons revealing the result of the Georgian vote in the final will be 2013 Georgian contest entrants Sophie Gelovani and Nodi Tatishvili.
Points awarded to Georgia
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Georgia
Points awarded in second semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
Split voting results
The following five members comprise the Georgian jury:
- Giorgi Kukhianidze – Chairperson – musical producer
- Micheil Chelidze – musician, singer, represented Georgia in the 2011 Contest as part of Eldrine
- Natia Khoshtaria – journalist, script writer
- Nino Chachava – musician
- Nana Daushvili – composer, pianist
The Georgian votes in the second semi-final were based on 100% jury voting results.
|Semi-final 2 – Georgian Results|
|Draw||Country||G. Kukhianidze||M. Chelidze||N. Khoshtaria||N. Chachava||N. Daushvili||Average Jury Rank||Scoreboard (Points)|
The voting of Georgia in the final was based on 100% televoting due to a breach of the rules; The European Broadcasting Union believes that Georgia's jurors did not vote independently, as each juror had the same top 8 acts.
- Brey, Marco (3 February 2014). "Georgian Eurovision representative announced tomorrow". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- Brey, Marco (4 February 2014). "The Shin & Mariko to represent Georgia!". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "The Shin & Mariko Ebralidze to Present Georgia at 2014 ESC". GPB. 4 February 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- Brey, Marco (24 February 2014). ""Three Minutes to Earth" for Georgia". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Omelyanchuk, Olena (14 March 2014). "Watch today: "Three Minutes To Earth" from Georgia". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Escudero, Victor M. (20 January 2014). "Allocation Draw results: Who's in which Semi-Final?". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- Siim, Jarmo (24 March 2014). "Running order for Eurovision Semi-Finals decided". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- Brey, Marco (29 April 2014). "A parachute in the LED sky for Georgia". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Brey, Marco (3 May 2014). "Georgia: Pop music meets traditional sounds". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Videos 06.05.2014". GPB. 6 May 2014. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "The Shin & Mariko to Participate at the 2014 ESC, on May 8". GPB. 23 April 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Sophie and Nodi to Announce the Results of Georgian Voting". GPB. 13 March 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Brey, Marco (1 May 2014). "Who will be in the expert juries?". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Georgia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 Second Semi-Final". Eurovision.tv. 11 May 2014. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Dofs, Karin (2014-05-11). "Georgiens röster diskvalificerades i Eurovision-finalen". aftonbladet.se (in Swedish). Retrieved 2014-05-11.