Georgian National Olympic Committee
|National Olympic Committee|
|Secretary General||Alexander Bitadze|
The Georgian National Olympic Committee (GNOC) (Georgian: საქართველოს ეროვნული ოლიმპიური კომიტეტი, sak'art'velos erovnuli olimpiuri komiteti) is a Georgian national constituent of the worldwide Olympic movement. It is an umbrella organization for 12 regional bodies, the Georgian Olympic Academy, the Georgian Olympians’ Association, and the Olympic Museum.
The GNOC was established on October 6, 1989 and gained a preliminary and a full recognition from the International Olympic Committee on March 9, 1992 and September 23, 1993, respectively.
Presidents of the GNOC
- Nona Gaprindashvili, 1989–1996
- Jansugh Bagrationi, 1996–2004
- Badri Patarkatsishvili, 2004–2007
- Giorgi Topadze (acting), 2007–2008
- Gia Natsvlishvili, 2008–present
- History. The GNOC official website.
|This article about sports in Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|