||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
Callaghan at The Royal National Theatre, London in June 2008
|Birth name||Georgina Callaghan|
|Born||10 January 1983|
|Origin||Boston, Lincolnshire, England|
|Instruments||singing, acoustic guitar, piano|
|Labels||Green Town Music|
|Associated acts||Shawn Mullins|
|Website||Callaghan discography at MusicBrainz|
Georgina Callaghan (born 10 January 1983, Boston, Lincolnshire) is a singer-songwriter who specializes in folk, Americana, and alternative country music. She performs as Callaghan. She is best known for her 2009 single Smile produced by American musician Shawn Mullins.
Callaghan has worked with many musicians and producers including Grammy Award winning writer John Peppard (1998, Best Country Collaboration with Vocals for "In Another's Eyes") and producer Peter Lawlor who formed the band Stiltskin.
In 2008 Callaghan self-released single “Look Around”. Doing all of the PR and radio plugging herself, Callaghan achieved airplay on numerous BBC radio stations, extensive local and national press coverage as well as a performance on Sky TV. All proceeds from the sale of the single went to music charity Live Music Now.
In July 2009 Callaghan travelled to Georgia, USA to record with US artist Shawn Mullins. The first single from the collaboration "Smile" was played and endorsed on the Bob Harris Country Show on BBC Radio 2.
Callaghan's full album "Life in Full Colour" was completed in 2011 and initially made available as pre-release Limited Edition copies to fans through her website and at live shows. A full release of the album is scheduled for later in the year.
"The world needs more singer songwriters like Callaghan. In a time where mediocrity is seen as brilliant, Callaghan truly shines through as the real deal. Her voice is original and pure, and she is one of the greatest unsigned talents I've ever heard." - Shawn Mullins
After living in Atlanta for a few years she moved to Nashville in 2012 after completing 4 tours opening for Mullins. In June 2013 Billboard Magazine published a four-page article titled House Music which detailed her first show in Boston as part of her Callaghan Across America Tour describing the exposure that house concerts can provide for both independent and established artists.  On September 22, 2013 BBC Radio 2 broadcast a recorded live session with Callaghan for the Bob Harris Sunday show as part of his week in Nashville covering the Americana Awards. 
- Life in Full Colour (2011)
- Callaghan (2005)
- Road To Elmersville (2006)
- Nothing You Say (2007)
- Look Around (2008)
- Smile (2009)
- Album "Life in Full Colour" produced by Shawn Mullins
- "Sweet Surrender" (Life in Full Colour) co-written by Callaghan and Shawn Mullins
- "The Only Thing Real" (Life in Full Colour) co-written by Callaghan and Shawn Mullins
- EP "London To Lawrenceville" 3 songs produced by Shawn Mullins
- "Having seen her do a showcase earlier this year, I thought she was wonderful" - Bob Harris OBE (BBC Radio 2)
- "One of the best albums of last year, LIFE IN FULL COLOUR, for Callaghan" - Bob Harris OBE (BBC Radio 2).
- "A 12-track set infused with folk, pop, rock and country influences and, above all, immediate hooks" – Billboard
- "Life In Full Colour is joyful listening" - Huffington Post
- The Internet Movie Database Page
- 1998 Grammy Award Database
- Screen Source presents The 40th Annual Grammy Awards| Screen Source presents The 40th Annual Grammy Awards
- Callaghan performs Look Around on Sky TV
- PRS Web site
- Bob Harris Country Show Playlist
- Callaghan Artist Website
- Shawn Mullins News 6 July 2009 | retrieved from on 29 May 2012
- / House Music: Your Living Room Might Be Your Next Concert Venue by Gary Trust Retrieved on 2013-11-17, published June 14, 2013
- | Bob Harris Sunday BBC Radio 2 playlist/ Retrieved 2013-11-17, published September 22, 2013
- Callaghan: played on Bob Harris Saturday Show, BBC Radio 2: 2 January 2010: retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pk7w4 on 3 January 2010
- Bob Harris Sunday,BBC Radio 2: 8 January 2012: retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01932rv on 9 January 2012
- Billboard Story: Chart Beat Meet & Greet: Callaghan by Gary Trust: 1 May 2012 retrieved from http://www.billboard.com/articles/chartbeat/46391/chart-beat-meet-greet-callaghan-exclusive-video
- Performing Songwriter Callaghan Releases Life in Full Colour, article/interview by Ruth Gerson: 8 May 2012 retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ruth-gerson/performing-songwriter-callaghan_b_1484833.html