Haig at a Star Trek Into Darkness premiere in Sydney, on 23 April 2013
3 August 1985 |
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Alma mater||Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts|
|Spouse(s)||Josh Mapleston (m. 2014)|
Georgina Haig (born 3 August 1985) is an Australian film and television actress, known for her roles in the Australian children's television series The Elephant Princess and the American television series Fringe.
Life and career
She graduated from the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts in 2008. Since then, she has appeared in numerous Australian films and television series, including lead roles in Road Kill, Wasted on the Young, and Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities. She appeared in the second series of The Elephant Princess in 2011.
In 2011, she was considered for the role of Andromeda in the 2012 film Wrath of the Titans alongside several other actresses. The part ultimately went to Rosamund Pike. Haig was also considered for the role of Gwen Stacy in the 2012 film The Amazing Spider-Man, but lost the part to Emma Stone.
|2008||Lost & Found||Louisa||short film|
|2010||Lest We Forget||Cheryl||short film|
|Wasted on the Young||Simone|
|2011||Recon 6||Christine||short film|
|2014||The Mule||Jasmine Griffiths|
|2009–2010||Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities||Georgina Freeman||6 episodes|
|2010||Rescue: Special Ops||Emma Griffiths||3 episodes|
|2011||The Elephant Princess||Zamira||26 episodes|
|2012||Dance Academy||Mistii||3 episodes|
|2012||Fringe||Henrietta "Etta" Bishop||5 episodes|
|2012||A Moody Christmas||Patience||1 episode|
|2013||The Elegant Gentleman's Guide to Knife Fighting||Various characters||6 episodes|
|2014||INXS: Never Tear Us Apart||Paula Yates||2 episodes|
|2014||Once Upon a Time||Elsa||0 episodes|
- "The Elephant Princess: cast". Australiantelevision.net. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Several Names Under Consideration for Wrath of the Titans". Dread Central. 7 January 2011. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Wigler, Josh (9 February 2011). "Rosamund Pike Lands 'Wrath Of The Titans' Role, Reportedly Out Of 'Superman' Race". MTV. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Fleming, Mike (2 October 2010). "‘SPIDER-MAN’ UPDATE: Emma Stone To Be Offered Role Of Mary Jane Watson". Deadline.com. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Ausiello, Michael (8 March 2012). "Fringe Exclusive: Aussie Actress Georgina Haig Snags Super-Secret Role". TV Line. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Busch, Jenna (8 March 2012). "'Fringe': Georgina Haig cast in secret role opposite Henry Ian Cusick". Zatp2it. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (2012-06-19). "Fringe Exclusive: Major Final-Season Time Jump Is Planned, Plus (Spoiler) Returns!". TVLine. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georgina Haig.|