||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
|Georgy Boos in 2009|
|4th Governor of Kaliningrad Oblast|
12 November 2005 – 27 September 2010
|Preceded by||Vladimir Yegorov|
|Succeeded by||Nikolay Tsukanov|
|Born||22 January 1963
Moscow, Russian SFSR
|Political party||United Russia|
|Alma mater||Moscow Power Engineering Institute|
Early life and education
Boos was born in Moscow into a Crimean German family on 22 January 1963. His parents were both engineers.
He graduated from the Moscow Power Engineering Institute in 1986 with an engineering degree.
In 1995 he received a Technical Sciences PhD (thesis - "Improving the efficiency of outdoor lighting installations of cities streets and squares" NIISF RAASN).
Boss did his military service in the Soviet Air Force between 1986 and 1988 based at Spassk-Dalny.
Years 1988-1991 - Engineer, Senior Engineer, Junior Researcher of All-Union Technological and Lighting Scientific Research Institute, (VNISI), Moscow. Concurrently at the same time, he taught mathematics at a Moscow school № 247.
1991-1995 - director of the Moscow Scientific Production lighting Enterprise " Svetoservis ", which was founded by him and his father. In 1993 the company became a joint stock company, and Boos became its CEO. Since 1994, the firm is engaged in art-architectural lighting municipal facilities of Moscow as the main contractor. For his work on many enterprise professional exhibitions was medalist and winner of awards. The company " Svetoservis " patented a number of lighting solutions, in the development of which involved GV Boos. Among them - the industrial design " Lamp " (1995), well known as " vandal-proof " : designed for use in doorways .
From 1995 to 1998 and again from 1999 to 2005, he was a deputy of the State Duma, a vice-speaker (29 December 2003—21 September 2005). Boos is known as a close ally to Moscow mayor Yuri Luzhkov. He was a member of centrist Fatherland party led by Luzhkov, since it merged with Unity party he became a member of United Russia.
From 29 September until 23 December 1998, by resolution of Russian Federation Government, was appointed as the Chairman of the State Tax Service of the Russian Federation (from 23 December until 25 May 1999, by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation become a Minister of the Russian Federation for Taxes and Levies). In May 1999, dismissed with the Primakov cabinet.
On 14 September 2005 he was proposed by President Vladimir Putin to the Kaliningrad Oblast legislature as a governor of Kaliningrad Oblast and was approved soon after this. His tenure as governor ended in September 2010.
Is the owner of the holding "Boos Lighting groups".
Boos income in 2008 amounted to 122,370,965 rubles, of which 841,572 rubles earned on the main job, were transferred to the accounts of orphanages Kaliningrad region. In 2009, revenue was 86.4 million rubles.
Boos married three times. First to Valentina Boos, secondly to Elena Vladimirovna Lerina-Boos and third to Anna Boos. He has six children.
Honours and award
- Order For Merit to the Fatherland 4th class (21 January 2008) - for outstanding contribution to the socio-economic development of the region and many years of fruitful work 
- Order of Honour (28 January 2004) - for active participation in legislative activities and many years of diligent work 
- Medal "For Services in the Conduct of the Population Census"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 300th Anniversary of Saint Petersburg"
- Jubilee Medal "70 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- State Prize of the Russian Federation in the field of literature and art in 1996 (29 May 1997) - for the formation of light-color Moscow environment
- Diploma of the Government of the Russian Federation (July 6, 1999) - for services to the state and years of diligent work
- Medal "Federation Council. 15 years "(2008) - for many years of hard work, great contribution to the interaction of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and state bodies, organizations in the development and improvement of the federal legislation of the Russian Federation, and the strengthening of the Russian state in connection with the 15th anniversary Council of Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
- Commander of the Order "For Merit" (Gabon, 2000) 
- Order of Holy Blessed Prince Daniel of Moscow II degree (ROC, 2006) 
- Higher Law Award "Themis" (February 17, 2007) in the category "Russia and Europe" - For the development of civil society in the process of integration of the Russian Federation and the European Union
- Honorary Doctor of BFU. Kant (2012) 
- "Georgy Valentinovich Boos". Russian Grids. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- Коммерсантъ.ru. Боос Георгий Валентинович
- Досье губернатора Бооса.
- ООО "СВЕТОСЕРВИС" (Russian Union of Designers)
- Interlight Moscow 2013 - results of the exhibition
- Interlight Moscow 2012 — the first lighting up exhibition of Russia
- Дизайн 2005 (Design Review)
- Lamps for gardens
- Boos lamp illuminate entrances
- Wizards bring light
- Russian Exhibition Center for Boos and Nisanova
- Deputy Sobyanin will do the Reconstruction of Russian Exhibition Center
- Georgy Boos removed from the reconstruction project of the Russian Exhibition Center
- Georgy Boos elected to the Board of Directors of IDGC
- Georgy Boos headed Energy Holding IDGC
- Georgy Boos resigned as chairman of the board of directors "Rosseti"
- Georgy Boos on Lenta.ru
- Houses, cars, ATVs and 21 lighting company
- VEDOMOSTI - A salary - to give a salary to children
- Указ Президента Российской Федерации от 21 января 2008 года № 53
- Собрание законодательства Российской Федерации 2 февраля 2004, № 5, ст. 356
- Указ Президента Российской Федерации от 29 мая 1997 года № 532 «О присуждении Государственных премий Российской Федерации в области литературы и искусства 1996 года»
- Распоряжение Правительства Российской Федерации от 6 июля 1999 года № 1069-р «О награждении Почётной грамотой Правительства Российской Федерации Бооса Г. В.»
- Георгий Боос награждён медалью Совета Федерации
- Георгий Боос. Поездка в Габон и Камерун.
- Святейший Патриарх Алексий совершил всенощное бдение в Крестовоздвиженском соборе Калининграда.
- Георгий Боос был удостоен Высшей юридической премии
- "Боос. Перезагрузка". Archived from the original on 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- This article incorporates material translated from Russian Wikipedia
- Biography in Russian from Peoples.ru
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georgy Valentinovich Boos.|