|Type||Private limited company by shares|
|Products||Core Logging Equipment|
Geotek is a UK company that designs and manufactures specialised geological and oceanographic equipment.
Founded by Peter Schultheiss in 1989, Geotek was incorporated in 1994 when Quentin Huggett joined as a company director and the business moved from Haslemere, Surrey to its current location in Daventry, Northamptonshire where John Roberts joined as Technical Director.
The company supplies of equipment for the automated analysis of sediment and rock cores. The Multi-Sensor Core Logger has been sold and contracted to universities, institutions and survey companies[which?] who use the instrument for applications including studies of climate change   , offshore site investigation and oil, gas and minerals exploration.
The company also specifies and manages marine environmental surveys of the seafloor and managed the Strategic Environmental Assessment for Oil and Gas and Renewable Energy for the Department of Trade and Industry. This was the UK's first fully online Government consultation process.
In recent years Geotek developed pressure core analysis, particularly for the study of gas hydrates, and has worked in a number of gas hydrate investigations funded by national governments. 
The Geotek Multi-Sensor Core Logger (MSCL) is non-destructive core logging equipment that can work with both whole round and split cores of both hard rocks and soft sediments. The MSCL systems enable a number of geophysical measurements to be obtained automatically on sediment or rock cores under a variety of conditions.
- Wunsch, C.; D. E. Gunn (2003). "A densely sampled core and climate variable aliasing". Geo-Marine Letters 23 (1): 64–71. Bibcode:2003GML....23...64W. doi:10.1007/s00367-003-0125-2.
- Bloemendal, J.; X. M. Liu, T. C. Rolph (1995). "Correlation of the magnetic susceptibility stratigraphy of Chinese loess and the marine oxygen isotope record: chronological and palaeoclimatic implications". Earth and Planetary Science Letters 131 (3–4): 371–380. Bibcode:1995E&PSL.131..371B. doi:10.1016/0012-821X(95)00016-6.
- Robinson, Simon G.; Mark A. Maslin, I. Nicholas McCave (1995). "Magnetic susceptibility variations in Upper Pleistocene deep-sea sediments of the NE Atlantic: Implications for ice rafting and paleocirculation at the Last Glacial Maximum". Paleoceanography 10 (2): 221–250. Bibcode:1995PalOc..10..221R. doi:10.1029/94PA02683.
- Schultheiss, Peter J.; Timothy J. G. Francis, Melanie Holland, John A. Roberts, H. Amann, Thjunjoto, R. John Parkes, Derek Martin, Martin Rothfuss, Floris Tyunder, Peter D. Jackson (2006). "Pressure coring, logging and subsampling with the HYACINTH system". New Techniques in sediment core analysis. Special Publication 267. London: Geological Society. pp. 151–163.
- Holland, Melanie; Peter J. Schultheiss, John A. Roberts, Matthew J. Druce (2008). "Observed gas hydrate morphologies in marine sediments". Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Gas Hydrates. 6th International Conference on Gas Hydrates. Vancouver, British Columbia. hdl:2429/1201.
- Schultheiss, Peter J.; Melanie E. Holland, Gary D. Humphrey (2008). "Borehole pressure coring and laboratory pressure core analysis for gas hydrate investigations". Offshore Technology Conference. Houston.
- Schultheiss, Peter J.; Melanie Holland, John A. Roberts, Gary D. Humphrey (2008). "Pressure core analysis: The keystone of a gas hydrate investigation". Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Gas Hydrates. 6th International Conference on Gas Hydrates. Vancouver, British Columbia. hdl:2429/1200.
- Weaver, P. P. E.; Peter J. Schultheiss (1990). "Current methods for obtaining, logging and splitting marine sediment cores". In Ernest A. Hailwood, Robert B. Kidd (eds.). Marine geological surveying and sampling. Dordrecht: Kluwer. pp. 85–101. ISBN 978-0-7923-0788-4.