Gerald Cleaver (musician)
Cleaver joined the jazz faculty at the University of Michigan in 1995. He has performed or recorded with Joe Morris, Mat Maneri, Roscoe Mitchell, Miroslav Vitous, Michael Formanek, Tomasz Stanko, and others.
Under the name Veil of Names, Cleaver released an album called Adjust on the Fresh Sounds New Talent label in 2001. It featured Maneri, Ben Monder, Andrew Bishop, Craig Taborn and Reid Anderson and was a Best Debut Recording Nominee by the Jazz Journalists Association.
Cleaver currently leads the groups Uncle June, Black Host, Violet Hour and NiMbNl as well as working as a sideman with many different artists.
Cleaver married vocalist Jean Carla Rodea in 2008.
|This section requires expansion. (October 2011)|
With Samuel Blaser
- 7th Heaven (Between The Lines, 2008)
- Boundless (Hatology, 2011) with Marc Ducret
- As The Sea (Hatology, 2012) with Marc Ducret
With Rob Brown
- Crown Trunk Root Funk (AUM Fidelity, 2008)
With Michael Formanek
- The Rub and Spare Change (ECM 2010) with Tim Berne & Craig Taborn
- Small Places (ECM 2012) with Tim Berne & Craig Taborn
With Roscoe Mitchell
- Nine to Get Ready (ECM, 1997)
With Joe Morris
With William Parker
With Matthew Shipp
With Tomasz Stańko
- Wisława (ECM, 2013)
With Craig Taborn
- Light Made Lighter (Thirsty Ear Recordings, 2001)
- Chants (ECM, 2013) with Thomas Morgan
With Miroslav Vitous
- Universal Syncopations II (ECM, 2007)
- Remembering Weather Report (ECM, 2009)
|This article on an American jazz drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|