|Gerald B. Folland|
|Born||June 4, 1947
Salt Lake City, USA
|Institutions||University of Washington|
|Alma mater||Princeton University|
|Doctoral advisor||Joseph Kohn|
Gerald Budge Folland is an American mathematician and a professor of mathematics at the University of Washington. His areas of interest are harmonic analysis (on both Euclidean space and Lie groups), differential equations, and mathematical physics. The title of his doctoral dissertation at Princeton University (1971) is "The Tangential Cauchy-Riemann Complex on Spheres".
Publications and books
- A Guide to Advanced Real Analysis, Washington, D.C. : Mathematical Association of America, 2009.
- Quantum Field Theory : A Tourist Guide for Mathematicians, Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, 2008.
- Advanced Calculus, Prentice-Hall, 2002.
- Real Analysis: Modern Techniques and their Applications (2nd ed.), John Wiley, 1999, ISBN 978-0-471-31716-6.
- "The uncertainty principle: a mathematical survey", J. Fourier Anal. Appl. 4 (1997), 207–238 (with A. Sitaram).
- Introduction to Partial Differential Equations (2nd ed.), Princeton University Press, 1995.
- A Course in Abstract Harmonic Analysis, CRC Press, 1995.
- Fourier Analysis and Its Applications, Pacific Grove, Calif. : Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole Advanced Books & Software, 1992.
- Harmonic Analysis in Phase Space, Princeton University Press, 1989.
- Lectures on Partial Differential Equations : lectures delivered at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Springer, 1983.
- Hardy Spaces on Homogeneous Groups (with Elias M. Stein), Princeton University Press, 1982.
- "Estimates for the ∂b complex and analysis on the Heisenberg group", Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 27 (1974), 429–522 (with E. M. Stein)
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2012-12-29.
- Guillemin, V. (1990). "Review: Harmonic analysis in phase space, by Gerald Folland". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 22 (2): 335–338. doi:10.1090/s0273-0979-1990-15902-6.
- Goodman, Roe (1983). "Review: Spaces on homogeneous groups, by G. B. Folland and E. M. Stein". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 8 (3): 505–507. doi:10.1090/s0273-0979-1983-15141-8.
- Jerry Folland's Personal Homepage
- Jerry Folland's Official Homepage
- Gerald Folland at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|