|Birth name||Gerald Padua Santos|
May 15, 1991 |
Navotas City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Gerald Padua Santos (born May 15, 1991, Navotas City, Metro Manila, Philippines) is a singer and actor. He was the grand champion of Pinoy Pop Superstar (Season 2) in 2006 and is now dubbed as "The Prince of Ballad".
He was born as Gerald Padua Santos on May 15, 1991 in Navotas City, Metro Manila. Born in an average family in Navotas, he is the 2nd child in a brood of 5 His parents both worked in Navotas Fish Port and were earning just enough to support the whole family. Singing has been a big part of his family and his immense interest in music was fully supported by his parents. He started singing at the age of 7 years old and started singing in his elementary school ( Daanghari Elementary School ) in Navotas. He later joined amateur singing contests and won in many of them( within Metro Manila and nearby provinces like Laguna and Bulacan ). He was in Tangos National High School in Navotas when he decided to audition for Pinoy Pop Superstar of GMA-7 at the age of 15.
In 2006 Gerald Santos became the grand champion of the second season of GMA 7's show Pinoy Pop Superstar. He was the youngest champion of the biggest reality singing contest then hosted by Ms. Regine Velasquez. He is not the typical "biritero" but he is noted for his heartfelt singing and can melt everyone's heart with his simple singing.
After winning the PPS, Gerald signed a five-year contract with GMA, including a record deal with GMA Records, and became a regular on the TV series SOP Rules. He was cast for the primetime TV series I Luv New York, and was a co-host of QTV's Popstar Kids in 2006. His SOP role earned him a nomination for a PMPC STAR Awards For TV. as Best New Male TV Personality. His first single, "A Day on the Rainbow", was released in November 2006. In 2008 he released his second studio album, Gerald Santos: Pinakahihintay. In October 2010, a year before his contract with GMA expired, Gerald transferred to TV5. He then released the repackaged edition of "Pinakahihintay" and did a national album mall tour. He won several awards for the studio albums he made. Gerald won in the 3rd Star Awards ( October 2011 ) For Music for the "Pinakahihintay" Repackaged edition Album as Male Pop Artist of the Year. In September 2012, he released his 3rd album, Gerald Santos The Prince of Ballad which garnered 4 nominations in the 5th Star Awards For Music including Male Recording Artist of the Year, Male Pop Artist of the Year and Revival Album of the Year. The album went on to win the Revival Album of the Year in the 5th Star Awards For Music ( October 2013 ). In the concert scene, Gerald has been nominated for 3 consecutive years as Best Male Concert Performer ( 2011-2013 ) in the prestigious ALIW Awards, winning the coveted award in 2011 for his MAJOR MOVE concert at the Music Museum. In 2013, his THE PRINCE OF BALLAD SOARING HIGH concert also got nominated in the 5th Star Awards for Music as Male Concert Performer of the Year. In theater, Gerald did two major musical plays : Sino Ka Ba Jose Rizal" ( where he was nominated as Best Actor in a Musical in the 2011 ALIW Awards ) and "San Pedro Calungsod The Musical" where he played the role of our 2nd Filipino saint. In TV, from GMA he transferred to TV5 where he appeared in several shows PO5 ( 2010 ), "Fantastik" ( 2011 ), "Sunday Funday" ( 2012 ), "Hey It's Saberday" ( 2012 ). He sang the theme song of Ms. Nora Aunor's TV comeback "Sa Ngalan Ng Ina" in 2011; a song composed by Mr. Ryan Cayabyab. Today, Gerald Santos is dubbed as THE PRINCE OF BALLAD..
- A Day on the Rainbow ( November 2006) - This album contains his official first hit song "Mahal Kita" which became the theme song of the top rating "Marimar" in Channel 7.
- Pinakahihintay ( November 2008) - It contains his revival of the song "Hanggang", the song which won for him in his very first TV appearance in Pinoy Pop Superstar, scoring a near-perfect 99% from the judges and is literally his ticket to the music industry.
- Pinakahihintay The Repackaged Edition ( October 2010) - This album won for him the Male Pop Artist of the Year Award from the 3rd PMPC Star Awards and ( October 2011 ) and contains his original compositions.
- Gerald Santos The Prince Of Ballad ( September 2012) - This album, which won the Revival Album of the Year from the 5th Star Awards for Music was Gerald's first revival album and contains the hit song "Maghintay Ka Lamang" which until now is a source of inspiration among the Filipinos.
- Gerald is set to release this January, 2014 his latest single ( from his forthcoming 4th studio album ) entitled "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" composed by Agatha Obar.
- Gerald Santos at iGMA.tv
- Gerald Santos at the Internet Movie Database