18 July 1990 |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Height||182 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (14 st 9 lb)|
|Position||Fullback, Wing, Centre, Five-eighth|
|2013–||St. George Illawarra||7||2||0||0||8|
|As of 22 March 2012|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Gerard Beale (born 18 July 1990) is a professional rugby league footballer currently playing for the St. George Illawarra Dragons in the Telstra Premiership. He is a utility back by preference; in that he can play at Fullback, Wing or Centre.
Beale signed professionally for the Brisbane Broncos from Logan Brothers. Beale made his first grade debut in a 22-20 loss to Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the 2009 NRL season, where he came in to the side at Fullback as a last minute replacement for Karmichael Hunt. He had previously been playing for the Broncos' Toyota Cup side.
In May 2011, Beale was named in the New Zealand Kiwis 19th-man Squad to play Australia in the annual ANZAC Test game at Gold Coast's Skilled Park. He was also named in the New Zealand Kiwis Squad to play in the Four Nations Tournament in London. Beale made his debut against [Australia national rugby league team|Australia] in Newcastle on 28 October 2011 playing as centre. He played all games in the tournament scoring two tries against Wales. He has scored 8 tries during the Brisbane broncos 2012 season.
Beale scored a try in the left corner in New Zealand's 18-10 loss to Australia in the 2012 end of season test.
- "rleague.com Profile". rleague.com. 2009-12-05. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- "Brisbane Profile". broncos.com.au. 2009-12-05. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- "Brisbane 20-22 Manly". rleague.com. 2009-05-10. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- "Broncos' utility signs with St George Illawarra Dragons". The Daily Telegraph. 4 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Kilgallon, Steve (1 May 2011). "Broncos' Gerard Beale the bolter for Kiwis". The Sunday Star-Times. Retrieved 1 October 2011.