Gerard F. Doherty
Gerard Francis Doherty is an American political figure who was a member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives from 1957 to 1965 and Chairman of the Massachusetts Democratic Party from 1962 to 1967.
Doherty was elected to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 1956, representing the 2nd Suffolk District.
On December 12, 1962 he was unanimously elected Chairman of the Massachusetts Democratic Party.
- 1963-1964 Public Officers of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Higgins, Kaileigh (November 23, 2010). "MC to open public policy center in memory of Ted Kennedy". The Boston Globe. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- Micciche, S. J. (December 13, 1962). "Let Chairman Rule Democrats--McCormack". The Boston Globe.
- Michelson, A (August 7, 1976). "Carter leans to outsiders to run state campaigns". Boston Globe.
- "Doherty holds lead in lobbying earnings". The Boston Globe. September 24, 1970.
- Mohl, Bruce (July 19, 1986). "Regents Chairman Declines to Call Special Meeting on Collins; Contract". The Boston Globe.
|Party political offices|
John M. Lynch
|Chairman of the Massachusetts Democratic Party