Template:Info box scientist
Gerard J. Holzmann (born 1951) is an American computer scientist, best known as the developer of the SPIN model checker.
Holzmann was born in Amsterdam, Netherlands and received an Engineer's degree in Electrical Engineering from the Delft University of Technology in 1976. He subsequently also received his PhD degree from Delft University in 1979.
For much of his career (c1980–2003), Holzmann was at Bell Labs, USA, where he worked in the Computing Science Research Center (the former Unix research group). Currently, Holzmann leads the NASA JPL Laboratory for Reliable Software in Pasadena, California and is a JPL fellow.
Holzmann is a member of the US National Academy of Engineering. In 2011 he was inducted as a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery.
In October, 2012, Holzmann was awarded the NASA Exceptional Engineering Achievement Medal.
- ^ a b c "spin". Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- ^ http://fellows.acm.org/fellow_citation.cfm?id=UJ73150&srt=year&year=2011
External links 
- Adleman, Diffie, Hellman, Merkle, Rivest, Shamir (1996)
- Lempel, Ziv (1997)
- Bryant, Clarke, Emerson, McMillan (1998)
- Sleator, Tarjan (1999)
- Karmarkar (2000)
- Myers (2001)
- Franaszek (2002)
- Miller, Rabin, Solovay, Strassen (2003)
- Freund, Schapire (2004)
- Holzmann, Kurshan, Vardi, Wolper (2005)
- Brayton (2006)
- Buchberger (2007)
- Cortes, Vapnik (2008)
- Bellare, Rogaway (2009)
- Mehlhorn (2010)
- Samet (2011)
- Broder, Charikar, Indyk (2012)