||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
4 October 1984 |
Mossley, Greater Manchester, England
He is best known for his role as Ian Gallagher in the Channel 4 television series Shameless. He first appeared in the role in 2004 and was one of the original characters. In April 2010 Kearns announced that he was quitting the role to pursue other projects.
In 2011 he also featured as a voice over for BBC's GCSE Bitesize Revision.
Kearns was cast in the second series of the BBC 1 daytime show Moving On. The episode "Trust", directed by Illy, tells the story of Kearns's character Jack, who is caught trying to burgle the house of elderly ex-boxer Eddie, played by Roy Marsden.
He has also made several appearances in The Accrington Pals, a play by Peter Whelan, portraying the character 'Ralph', a young volunteer officer during the First World War. The extent of his stage career has been seemingly limited to his local area of Manchester.
Born in Oldham .
- Wasteland – 2012
- Moving On – 10 July 2011
- Honeymooner (2010), directed by Col Spector, as Fran
- Looking for Eric – 2009
- Red Riding – 2009
- The Commander – episode "Windows of the Soul", first aired 8 July 2007
- Foyle's War – episode "Casualties of War", first aired 25 February 2007
- The Mark of Cain – 2007
- The 10th Man – 2006
- Grandad – 2005
- Doctors – episode "0–60", first aired 20 September 2005
- Shameless – 2004–2010
- Heartbeat – episode "Muck and Brass", first aired 23 May 2004
- Holby City – episode "Out of Control", first aired 4 May 2004
- The Paul O'Grady Show on 14 December 2006
- Soccer AM on 21 January 2006
- Big Brother's Little Brother on 11 January 2005
- Charity Football Match on 17 May 2008