Gerard Lopez (businessman)
|Born||27 December 1971
|Alma mater||Miami University|
|Occupation||Co-founder of the Genii Group
Chairman of Genii Capital
Chairman of Lotus F1 Team
Founding Managing Partner of Mangrove Capital Partners
Gerard Lopez, born on 27 December 1971, is a Luxembourgish entrepreneur and businessman. Alongside Eric Lux, he is a founding partner of The Genii Group. He is the Chairman of the Lotus Formula One team and of its majority owner, Genii Capital. He is also the co-founder and Managing Partner of Mangrove Capital Partners, a leading venture capital firm specialising in technology.
Lopez graduated from Miami University with a bachelor's degree in management information systems and operational management. He has started and run a number of businesses including a pioneering Web development company, Icon Solutions, and a leasing company, ProLease. Lopez remains an active investor in different private equity classes, ranging from early-stage technology to real estate investments. In June 2012, Lopez participated in the Leadership series at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum on 'Identifying the next big thing'.
He founded Mangrove Capital Partners with Mark Tluszcz, and the firm was an early investor in Skype. Lopez became involved in motorsport through Mangrove's operations with the Gravity Sport Management company. He has also taken part in endurance racing through the Gravity Racing International team.
In 2008, he co-founded Genii Capital, a private investment management and financial advisory firm, with Eric Lux. Lopez sits on the board of Wix, Zink Imaging, Lotus F1 Team, and Lotus Group International, as well as being a member of the Advisory Council for Miami University Business School.
- "Mr Gerard Lopez". DIRECTORCHECK. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- genii-capital.com 2011 "Gérard Lopez, Chairman of Genii Capital: “Genii Capital is a Private Investment Management and Financial Advisory Firm serving the needs of Investors, International Groups and Governments worldwide. "
- Gérard LOPEZ Founder & Managing Partner of Mangrove Capital Partners, Founder & Chairman of GENII Capital, Luxembourg
- thegeniigroup.com Sir Jackie Stewart becomes a partner in Genii Business Exchange "Gérard Lopez: “The name of Jackie Stewart enjoys international renown in the world of motor sport as well as in industry."
- "Profile: Genii's Gerard Lopez". racer.com (Haymarket Group). 2009-12-16.
- "St Petersburg International Economic Forum programme". 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2012-07-13.