Gerardine L. (Gerry) DeSanctis (January 5, 1954 - August 16, 2005) was an American organizational theorist and Thomas F. Keller Professor of Business Administration at Duke University, known for her work on group decision support systems and automated decision support
DeSanctis received her PhD from the Texas Tech University. She joined the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University in 1992, where from 2001 to 2005 she was Professor of Business Administration at Duke University. She lectured in Duke’s Global Executive MBA Program. She has been Visiting Professor at the Delft University of Technology, Erasmus University Rotterdam and INSEAD in France and in Singapore.
DeSanctis has been member of the editorial boards of Information Systems Research, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Management Science, MIS Quarterly, and Organization Science.
In 2004 DeSanctis was awarded the Maurice Holland Award. In 2007 the Organizational Communication & Information Systems (OCIS) has initiated the Gerardine DeSanctis Dissertation Award 2007.
- Desanctis, Gerardine, and R. Brent Gallupe. "A foundation for the study of group decision support systems." Management science 33.5 (1987): 589-609.
- Poole, Marshall Scott, and Gerardine DeSanctis. "Understanding the use of group decision support systems: The theory of adaptive structuration." Organizations and communication technology 173 (1990): 191.
- DeSanctis, Gerardine, and Marshall Scott Poole. "Capturing the complexity in advanced technology use: Adaptive structuration theory." Organization science 5.2 (1994): 121-147.
- Malone, Thomas W., and Kevin Crowston. "The interdisciplinary study of coordination." ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) 26.1 (1994): 87-119.
- Jarvenpaa, Sirkka L., and Dorothy E. Leidner. "Communication and trust in global virtual teams." Journal of Computer‐Mediated Communication 3.4 (1998): 0-0.
- "Professor Gerardine "Gerry" DeSanctis. (Duke University) Obituary." in: OR/MS Today. April 1, 2006
- Gerardine (Gerry) DeSanctis (1954-2005) on galletta.business.pitt.edu. Accessed November 11, 2013.
- Gerardine DeSanctis at DBLP.