|Full name||Gerardo Alfredo Bruna Blanco|
|Date of birth||29 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Mendoza, Argentina|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 December 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
"My father agreed with me that moving here would be a great opportunity. I already knew about Liverpool from the Champions League, the final we won and the final we lost. These games, as well as the Chelsea semi-finals, made a big impression on me." A left-footer with a talent for set pieces, he learnt his trade with the reserves, helping them to win the Premier Reserve League in 2007–08.
Bruna joined Championship side Blackpool on a two-year deal, with an option for a further 12 months, on 17 July 2011. He made his competitive debut as a substitute in the League Cup defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on 11 August 2011. He made his Football League debut in a 2–1 defeat at home to Nottingham Forest on 22 October, coming on as a late substitute. Bruna was released by Blackpool on 9 May 2013.
Back to Spain
- As of 26 February 2012
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Total|
|Spain||League||Copa del Rey||Other||Total|
|2013–14||Huesca||Segunda División B||6||0||—||—||6||0|
Bruna has represented both Argentina and Spain at youth level. In May 2008 he was a member of the Spanish under-17 squad European Under-17 Football Championship in Turkey. He made one appearance in the group stages as a second half substitute in a 3–3 draw with France at the Mardan Sports Complex, Aksu, Antalya.
- "Premier League clubs submit squad lists". premierleague.com. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "Gerardo Alfredo Bruna Blanco". Liverpool F.C. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- Hodges, Vicki (15 November 2007). "Real Madrid slam Liverpool for Bruna signing". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- "Blackpool boost midfield with capture of Liverpool reserve Bruna". Daily Mail. 18 July 2011. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- "Blackpool sign Liverpool's Bruna". BBC Sport. 18 July 2011.
- "Sheffield Wednesday 0–0 Blackpool (4–2 penalties)". BBC Sport. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Blackpool 1 – 2 Nott'm Forest". BBC Sport. 22 October 2011. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Thomas Ince & Matt Phillips: Blackpool take up one-year options; BBC Sport, 9 May 2013
- Bruna, un lujo para la S.D. Huesca (Bruna, a luxury for S.D. Huesca); Aragón Digital, 20 September 2013 (Spanish)
- Gerardo Bruna career stats at Soccerbase
- Tully, David (15 December 2009). "‘The Boy Has Got Skills’ – Liverpool's Gerardo Bruna". FootballFanCast.com. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- Mizrahi, Yakir (7 May 2008). "France and Spain share six goals". UEFA. Retrieved 26 February 2012.