|Full name||Gerardo Alfredo Bruna Blanco|
|Date of birth||29 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Mendoza, Argentina|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:06, 4 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
"My father agreed with me that moving here would be a great opportunity. I already knew about Liverpool from the Champions League, the final we won and the final we lost. These games, as well as the Chelsea semi-finals, made a big impression on me." A left-footer with a talent for set pieces, he learnt his trade with the reserves, helping them to win the Premier Reserve League in 2007–08.
Bruna joined Championship side Blackpool on a two-year deal, with an option for a further 12 months, on 17 July 2011. He made his competitive debut as a substitute in the League Cup defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on 11 August 2011. He made his Football League debut in a 2–1 defeat at home to Nottingham Forest on 22 October, coming on as a late substitute. Bruna also played against Burnley away. Other games for Blackpool included league cup tie vs Sheffield Wednesday and FA cup game again Sheffield Wednesday.
Bruna was released by Blackpool on 9 May 2013.
Back to Spain
Bruna played in a number of pre-season friendlies for Tranmere Rovers, before picking up an injury. He was then offered a one month contract by the club so that he could show that he was not prone to injury following a mild strain in the Bolton Tranmere match. He made his debut for the club as a substitute in a league cup match but was not offered a long term contract by the club at the end of the short term contract despite having no current injury problems  Gerardo Bruna passed private fitness tests in a well respected sports medical centre, standing up to rumours that he was unfit 
Bruna signed a one month contract with Whitehawk, who currently play in England's 6th tier, with the option to extend by the club depending on performances. The signing of Bruna was described as a "massive coup" for Whitehawk as Bruna had previously played for clubs such as Real Madrid and Liverpool. Bruna scored his first goal for Whitehawk in a 5-1 victory over Chelmsford City.
Bruna has represented both Argentina and Spain at youth level. In May 2008 he was a member of the Spanish under-17 squad European Under-17 Football Championship in Turkey. He made one appearance in the group stages as a second half substitute in a 3–3 draw with France at the Mardan Sports Complex, Aksu, Antalya.
- "Premier League clubs submit squad lists". premierleague.com. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "Gerardo Alfredo Bruna Blanco". Liverpool F.C. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- Hodges, Vicki (15 November 2007). "Real Madrid slam Liverpool for Bruna signing". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- "Blackpool boost midfield with capture of Liverpool reserve Bruna". Daily Mail. 18 July 2011. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- "Blackpool sign Liverpool's Bruna". BBC Sport. 18 July 2011.
- "Sheffield Wednesday 0–0 Blackpool (4–2 penalties)". BBC Sport. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Blackpool 1 – 2 Nott'm Forest". BBC Sport. 22 October 2011. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Thomas Ince & Matt Phillips: Blackpool take up one-year options; BBC Sport, 9 May 2013
- Bruna, un lujo para la S.D. Huesca (Bruna, a luxury for S.D. Huesca); Aragón Digital, 20 September 2013 (Spanish)
- "Tranmere Rovers ready to offer short-term deal to Gerardo Bruna". Liverpool Echo. 7 August 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Tranmere Rovers sign Gerardo Bruna and Matt Hill". BBC Sport. 8 August 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Tranmere crash out of League Cup but take plenty of positives from defeat". Liverpool Echo. 12 August 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- Tully, David (15 December 2009). "‘The Boy Has Got Skills’ – Liverpool's Gerardo Bruna". FootballFanCast.com. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- Mizrahi, Yakir (7 May 2008). "France and Spain share six goals". UEFA. Retrieved 26 February 2012.