Gerardo Ruiz Mateos
|Gerardo Ruiz Mateos|
|Secretary of Economy|
August 6, 2008
|Preceded by||Eduardo Sojo|
|Succeeded by||Bruno Ferrari|
|Political party||National Action Party|
Gerardo Ruiz Mateos (born in Mexico City). Mexican engineer and politician. Former Secretary of Economy in Mexico.
Holds a degree in Industrial Engineering and Systems at the ITESM and has a specialty in Economics and Finance. He also holds a Diploma in Social Training from the Social Union of Businessmen in Mexico and attended a course on Top Management at IPADE.
- In 1989, Ruiz Mateos was appointed Director General of Automotive Moulding of Mexico, now known as Linde Pullman, Mexico, where he was responsible for the growth strategy based on a highly participatory model of social firms.
- In 1995, he was President of the Mexican Foundation for Rural Development in Mexico state.
- He belonged to the board of the Social Union of Businessmen from 1996 to 2000, where he served as president in 2000.
- He has been a member of the National Action Party since 1995.
- He was a member of the National Executive Committee from 2002 to 2005
- He was President of the Surveillance Commission of the National Council in 2001 and 2002.
- He also served as Executive Secretary of the National Executive Committee of the PAN from 1996 to 1998.
- He was Administration and Finance Coordinator of the Felipe Calderón's presidential campaign, from December 2005 to July 2006. Once Felipe Calderón was declared President Elect, he served as Technical Coordinator of the transition.
- On December 2006, President Felipe Calderón appointed Gerardo Ruiz "Coordinator of Cabinets and Special Projects of the President’s Office", where he would be responsible for coordinating the actions of the various cabinets for meeting the objectives set by the president; coordinating the actions related to the strategic agenda to align public policies and the National Development Project (NDP) to a long-term project scheduled for completion in 2030 and coordinate the work involved in the special projects assigned by the president.
- On August 2008, President Felipe Calderón appointed Gerardo Ruiz "Secretary of Economy in Mexico"
|Secretary of Economy