In the novel, dialogue begins simply and progresses in difficulty using everyday vocabulary (with word-lists available in various languages). It is suitable for beginners trying to improve their grasp of the Esperanto language, and a rehearsal of basic grammar and an entertaining story.
The mystery begins when three college students witness the strange disappearance (capture?) of a woman who is an expert in "cryptic languages"...
Published as a book, "Gerda Malaperis!" has since been incorporated into electronic courseware. A movie is available on DVD.
- La Gerda-kurso en la reto - Advanced, 25-part Esperanto course based on the text of the novel.
- Esperanto-Jeunes - "Gerda Malaperis!" and other Esperanto courses, in French.
- Gerda interattiva - "Gerda Malaperis!" course for Italian speakers.
- "Gerda Malaperis!", the movie - Home page of the company that made the movie.
- Gerda Malaperis! - The movie, at YouTube
|This Esperanto-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|