|Full name||Kis Gergő|
19 January 1988 |
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||72 kilograms (159 lb)|
|Stroke(s)||Freestyle and medley|
|Club||Rája 94 Úszóklub|
Kis participated in the 2004 Summer Olympics in the men's 1500 m freestyle, ranking 23rd in the heats. In the 2006 European Junior Swimming Championships he won the gold medal in the 400 metres individual medley setting a championship record of 4:16.82, won the silver medal in the 200 meter butterfly, and finished 4th in the 1500 metre freestyle.
In 2008 at the European Championships he won the gold medal in the 800 metre freestyle held for the first time. He won a bronze medal at the 2010 European Aquatics Championships in 400 metre freestyle and came fourth in 800 metre freestyle.
At the 2011 World Championships in Shanghai, Kis made history by becoming the first Hungarian man to win a freestyle medal at the World Aquatics Championships, a bronze in the 800 m. This was considerably prominent given the successes of Hungarian swimmers in other strokes.
- "Gergő Kis Biography and Olympic Results". Sports Reference. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "Men's 1500m freestyle results". BBC News. 12 August 2004.
- Homepage of the 2006 European Junior Swimming Championships
- Total ranking in 400m Men's freestyle
- Total ranking in 1500m Men's freestyle