4 May 1920 |
|Years of service||1938–1945|
|Unit||Kampfgeschwader 27 "Boelcke"|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Gerhard Krems (born 4 May 1920) was a highly decorated Oberleutnant in the Luftwaffe during World War II, and a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
- Aviator badge
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe in Gold with Pennant
- in Bronze (22 April 1941)
- in Silver (25 July 1941)
- in Gold (10 October 1941)
- in Gold with Pennant (20 December 1942)
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (26 October 1941)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (21 October 1940)
- 1st Class (18 November 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (30 June 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal (25 November 1942)
- Crimea Shield (25 March 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 3 September 1943 as Leutnant and pilot in the 2./Kampfgeschwader 27 "Boelcke"
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 224.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.