Gerhard Marx is a South African artist born in 1976.
Born in 1976, he completed his Master degree in Fine Arts cum laude at the University of Cape Town in 2004. He has worked with well-known artists such as William Kentridge and the Handspring Puppet Company 
- The theatre piece Tshepang (Gerhard Marx - co director, Lara Foot-Newton – director) was chosen as one of the twelve feature film projects for January 2007 Screenwriters Lab by the Sundance Institute.
- The play “Hear and Now” was presented at the Baxter Theatre Centre during 2005.
According to Art News South Africa of April 2006, Marx considered legal action against BMW shortly after an ad campaign created by agency Ireland-Davenport allegedly infringed on his copyright. Art News South Africa reproduced both the controversial ad – removed from circulation after a short run, and a close-up of Marx’s work. His agent, Warren Siebrits had already confirmed in March 2006 that Marx will be represented by the copyright lawyer Owen Dean, better known for The Lion Sleeps Tonight case.
- Gerhard Marx - Dublin Theatre Festival
- About The Handspring Puppet Company
- Sundance Institute Announces Twelve Feature Film Projects For January Screenwriters Lab
- UCT News / Monday Paper / Archives
- Implicit Art » Plagiarism And Copyright Infringement Of Gerhard Marx’S Work
- In the Jungle, the Unjust Jungle, a Small Victory - New York Times
|This article about a South African artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|