Gerlach I, Count of Nassau
Family and children
He was married two times. First, 1307 with Agnes, a daughter of Agnes of Bavaria, Margravine of Brandenburg-Stendal and her first husband Henry the Younger, and hence a granddaughter of Landgrave Henry I "the Child" of Hesse and had the following children:
- Adolph I, Count of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein (1307 – 17 January 1370, Idstein).
- John I of Nassau-Weilburg (1309 – 20 September 1371, Weilburg).
- Gerlach (1322 – 12 February 1371, Aschaffenburg), Archbishop of Mainz.
- Adelheid (d. 8 August 1344), married 1329 to Ulrich III, Lord of Hanau.
- Agnes, a nun at Klarenthal Abbey.
- Elisabeth (ca. 1326–ca. 1370), married before 16 August 1326 to Louis of Hohenlohe.
- Marie (d. 1366), married before 1336 to Konrad of Weinsberg.
- Kraft of Nassau-Sonnenberg (d. 1356), fell in the Battle of Poitiers.
- Rupert, Count of Nassau-Sonnenberg (d. 4 September 1390).
|Ancestors of Gerlach I, Count of Nassau|
Gerlach I, Count of NassauBorn: before 1288 Died: 7 January 1361
|Count of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein
|Count of Nassau-Weilburg
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|