|Elevation||1,398 ft (426 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||484521|
Gerlane once had its own bank, the Gerlane State Bank, chartered in 1917. Gerlane was situated on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway, but declined after the tracks were removed in 1942.
A post office was opened in Gerlane in 1909, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1943.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Gerlane, Kansas
- Biennial Report of the Bank Commissioner of the State of Kansas, Volume 15. Kansas. Dept. of Banking. 1920. p. 194.
- "Abandoned Rails: Kiowa to Gerlane". Abandoned Rails. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Gerlane, Kansas article from November 1942". Dead towns of Kansas. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961 (archived)". Kansas Historical Society. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
|This article about a location in Barber County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|