Germ Warfare (M*A*S*H)
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Terry Becker|
|Written by||Larry Gelbart|
|Original air date||December 10, 1972|
|List of M*A*S*H episodes|
"Germ Warfare" was the 11th episode of the first season of the TV series M*A*S*H. It originally aired on December 10, 1972 and was rerun May 13, 1973.
Guest cast is Patrick Adiarte as Ho-Jon, Timothy Brown as Spearchucker Jones (in his final appearance in the role), Byron Chung as P.O.W., Odessa Cleveland as Ginger, Bob Gooden as Boone, and Karen Philipp as Lt. Dish. This is the last episode to feature Spearchucker.
Hawkeye and Trapper move a North Korean P.O.W. patient into the Swamp, rather than have him shipped out early. They discover that the P.O.W. has a rare blood type. Since Frank has the same blood type, they furtively steal some of Frank's blood in the night. However when the patient develops hepatitis, they suspect Frank is the carrier, and have to keep him away from Margaret and patients. This is the last episode in which Spearchucker Jones appeared.
- Wittebols, James H.. "Watching M*A*S*H, Watching America". pp. 161–166. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Episode Guide". TV Guide. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "The Classic Sitcoms Guide: M*A*S*H". classicsitcoms.com. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "M*A*S*H: Season One (Collector's Edition) (1972)". Digitallyobsessed.com.
- Reiss, David S. (1983). M*A*S*H: the exclusive, inside story of TV's most popular show. ISBN 0-672-52656-5.
- Suzy, Kalter (1988). Complete Book of Mash. New York: H.N. Abrams. ISBN 0-8109-8083-5.
- David S. Reiss (1983). M*A*S*H. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill Co. p. 126. ISBN 978-0-672-52762-3.