German Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|German Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
The Goll Homestead, a historic site in the township
Location of German Township in Fulton County
|• Total||50.8 sq mi (131.6 km2)|
|• Land||50.7 sq mi (131.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||127.3/sq mi (49.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086126|
German Township is one of the twelve townships of Fulton County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 6,458 people in the township, 2,168 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Franklin Township - north
- Dover Township - northeast corner
- Clinton Township - east
- Freedom Township, Henry County - southeast corner
- Ridgeville Township, Henry County - south
- Springfield Township, Williams County - southwest
- Brady Township, Williams County - west
The village of Archbold is located in southern German Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- State Board Recommends 10 Ohio Nominations to the National Register of Historic Places, Ohio Historical Society, 2005-08-05. Accessed 2010-08-06.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.