German Township, Montgomery County, Ohio
|German Township, Montgomery County, Ohio|
|• Total||38.0 sq mi (98.3 km2)|
|• Land||38.0 sq mi (98.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||748 ft (228 m)|
|• Density||220/sq mi (86/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086667|
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township - north
- Jefferson Township - northeast
- Miami Township - east
- Franklin Township, Warren County - southeast
- Madison Township, Butler County - south
- Gratis Township, Preble County - west
- Lanier Township, Preble County - northwest corner
It is the only township in the county with a border on Butler County.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): German township, Montgomery County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 28, 2011.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.