|Full name||Germans Māliņš|
|Date of birth||12 October 1987|
|Place of birth||Riga, Latvian SSR, Soviet Union
(now Republic of Latvia)
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|2007||→ Olimps (loan)||27||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 December 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Riga, as a youth player Māliņš played for his local club FK Auda, before moving to JFC Skonto in 2001. He spent 5 years in the academy, being taken to the club's first team in 2006 as the third choice keeper. In the beginning of 2007 he was given out on loan to Olimps in order to gain experience. During the loan spell Māliņš made his debut in the Latvian Higher League and became the club's first choice keeper. He returned to Skonto for the 2008 season, serving as the back-up keeper for Pāvels Doroševs. Māliņš started the 2009 season as the first-choice keeper, but after the arrival of Aleksandrs Vlasovs from SK Blāzma was once again put on the bench. From 2010 to 2011 he was mainly used as the reserve keeper, with Kaspars Ikstens in the goal. On 27 April 2011, during a league match against Daugava Daugavpils, Ikstens was seriously injured and was out for the rest of the season, with Māliņš immediately filling his place. On 18 June 2011 he helped his team become the champions of the Baltic League, beating FK Ventspils in penalties. On 13 August 2011 Māliņš secured his club a late 1-1 draw in a league match against FC Jūrmala, scoring a goal with a header after a corner kick in the 94th minute. After several outstanding performances he was named the keeper of the season by Latvian Football Federation. In 2012 Māliņš appeared in 39 matches as the team's captain, helping Skonto finish the championship as the runner-ups and win the Latvian Cup. He was named the goalkeeper of the season for the second year in a row.
In February 2013 Māliņš went on trial with the Belarusian Premier League champions BATE Borisov and signed a one-year contract with them in March 2013. Since then he has been mainly used as the back-up keeper for Andrey Harbunow. Māliņš made his debut for the club on 3 August 2013 in a 5-1 league match victory over Naftan Novopolotsk, playing all 90 minutes and conceding a goal from the penalty spot. In 2013 he helped BATE win the Belarus Premier League. On 29 December 2013 it was announced that Māliņš had extended his contract with BATE.
Māliņš has represented Latvia at U-17 and U-19 levels. He was firstly called up to the Latvia national football team for a friendly match against Armenia on 11 February 2009, but didn't join the squad because of his father's death. His second call-up came 2 years later, as he was an unused substitute in a friendly match against Finland on 10 August 2011. Māliņš has yet to make his first full international appearance for Latvia, as he is currently the third-choice keeper for the team.
- Latvian Higher League champion
- Baltic League champion
- Latvian Cup winner
- Latvian Higher League keeper of the season
- 2011, 2012
- Belarus Premier League champion
- Baltic Cup winner
- "Ikstenam sezona, visticamāk, beigusies – Virslīga – Futbols –". Sportacentrs.com. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- ""Skonto" pendeļu trillerī uzvar "Ventspili" un triumfē Baltijas līgā – Citi Latvijas turnīri – Futbols –". Sportacentrs.com. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "LFF: Virslīga: Germans Māliņš izrauj punktu, FC Daugava saglabā līderpozīcijas". Lff.lv. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "LFF: 2011.gads". Lff.lv. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "Latvijas kausu ar pendelēm iegūst "Skonto" – Citi Latvijas turnīri – Futbols –". Sportacentrs.com. 2012-05-12. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "Lff: Sacensību Laureāti". Lff.lv. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "Šabala atrādīsies Maskavas "Dynamo", Māliņš trenējas ar BATE – Virslīga – Futbols –". Sportacentrs.com. 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "Latvijas izlases vārtsargs Māliņš karjeru turpinās BATE – Virslīga – Futbols –". Sportacentrs.com. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "E.Višņakovs turpina uguņot Polijā - vēl divi vārti un spraiga uzvara – Leģionāri – Futbols –". Sportacentrs.com. 2013-08-03. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "Māliņš - čempions, Šteinbora rupjā kļūda neliedz uzvarēt (+video)". Sportacentrs.com. 2013-11-10. Retrieved 2013-11-10.
- "Māliņš pagarinājis līgumu ar BATE". Sportacentrs.com. 2013-12-29. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- DELFI. "Māliņa vietā uz Kipru ar Latvijas izlasi devies Koliņko - DELFI". Delfi.lv. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "LFF: 10.augusts | LATVIJA - SOMIJA (0:2)". Lff.lv. Retrieved 2013-08-16.