|Born||December 27, 1984|
Musical career and personal life
Early life and education
Gerrit grew up in the countryside of Vorarlberg, Austria. At the age of four, he began to play trumpet. A principal in the Austrian Army Band, he entered the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna at the age of nineteen as a classical performer and Tonmeister.
Gerrit started his production company Gerrit Kinkel Productions in 2009. The company specializes in composition and sound design for media and film well as music production and engineering. Most recently Gerrit worked for American Idol and Cher. Gerrit also worked on an album for Glee star Matthew Morrison which was produced by Phil Ramone. He also collaborates regularly with vocal genius Tim Davis[disambiguation needed].
Gerrit Kinkel Productions has released a collection of original music and sound design titled "Trailer Suites and Toolkits - Volume 1", which is featured in various campaigns for upcoming films by Paramount Pictures, Summit Entertainment, Warner Brothers, Lions Gate and others. Go to www.gkprods.com for the most recent portfolio of work!
- 4 Grammy nominations – Arturo Sandoval "Dear Diz - Everyday I Think Of You" - 2012
- Grammy Award for "Best Instrumental Album" – Arturo Sandoval "A Time For Love" - 2010
- Grammy nomination for "Best Engineered Album" – Arturo Sandoval "A Time For Love" -2010
- Grammy nomination for "Best Instrumental Pop Album" – Chris Botti "Live in Boston" - 2009
- NARAS Award – 2009
- Berklee International Scholarship – 2007