GetJar is an independent mobile phone application store founded in Lithuania in 2004, with offices in Vilnius, Lithuania and San Mateo, California.
The company provides more than 350,000 mobile applications across major handset platforms including Java ME, BlackBerry, Symbian, Windows Mobile and Android, reaching more than 15 million consumers and has served over 2 billion downloads (2,370,554,782+ Total downloads to date 26 Jan 2012). GetJar allows software developers to upload their applications for free through a developer portal. About 300,000 software developers have used this service resulting in over 1.05 billion downloads. The rate is currently at 3 million downloads per day.
The company was founded by Ilja Laurs in 2004, who is currently its Executive Chairman. Lead investor is Accel Partners.
GetJar New Logo Released 2012
- ^  GetJar, contact info, checked on 29th December 2010.
- ^ GetJar: The unknown app store leader, cnews.com
- ^ GetJar offers non-smartphone owners app ability, USA Today
- ^ GetJar smartphone app shop closes in on a billion downloads, The Independent
- ^ GetJar claims 3M daily downloads, names Facebook as most popular app, Mobile Apps Briefing
- ^ "GetJar names new CEO as US drives growth", Mobile Apps Briefing
- ^ Mobile Developer Community Site GetJar Gets Funding From Accel, mocoNews.net
- ^  Meffys, Past Award Winners, checked on 16th August 2010
- ^  TiECON50, TiE50 2009, checked on 16th August 2010
- ^  Mobile Excellence Awards, 2009 Winners & finalists, checked on 16th August 2010
- ^ Thirty-One Visionary Companies Selected as Technology Pioneers 2011