Get Christie Love!
|Get Christie Love!|
|Directed by||William A. Graham|
|Produced by||Peter Nelson
David L. Wolper
|Written by||Dorothy Uhnak (novel)
George Kirgo (teleplay)
|Distributed by||Universal Television|
74 mins. (TV Pilot),60 min. 45-48 min. (excluding commercials) (TV Series)
Get Christie Love! is a 1974 made-for-television film starring Teresa Graves as an undercover female police detective who is determined to overthrow a drug ring. This film is based on Dorothy Uhnak's crime-thriller novel, The Ledger. However, the main character "Christie Opara"—a white, New York Police detective—was dropped completely and "Christie Love" emerged.
Det. Olga Ford of the NYPD served as the series Technical Advisor.
The film was inspired by the 1970s heroine blaxploitation films such as Tamara Dobson's Cleopatra Jones (1973), and Pam Grier's Coffy (1973) and Foxy Brown (1974). The title character even had a catchphrase; upon apprehending a criminal, Love would declare, "you're under arrest, Sugah!" The film proved a big success, and consequently spawned a short-lived television series on the ABC network featuring Charles Cioffi as Love's supervisor Matt Reardon and Jack Kelly as Lt. Ryan, the next supervisor. However, the series, financed on a meager budget and heavily sanitized to conform to Graves' religious morals (she had become one of Jehovah's Witnesses since the making of the TV film), was eventually cancelled. One episode featured many of Graves' former Laugh-In co-stars such as Judy Carne, Jo Anne Worley and Arte Johnson in particular playing a mad bomber. Another notable guest star was Jaclyn Smith, who appeared in an episode entitled "A Fashion Heist."
- Teresa Graves — Christie Love
- Charles Cioffi - Lieutenant Matt Reardon
- Harry Guardino — Captain Casey Reardon
- Jack Kelly - Captain Arthur Ryan
- Louise Sorel — Helena Varga
- Paul Stevens — Enzo Cortino
- Ron Rifkin — Normand
- Lynne Holmes — Celia Jackson
- Lee Paul — Max Loomis
- Titos Vandis — Spiliolis
- Tracey Roberts — Gwen Fenley
- William Hansen — Dr. Shepard
- Andy Romano — Sergeant Seymour Greenberg
- Davis Roberts — Myron Jones
- Bill Henderson — Sergeant Stoner Martin
- Deborah Dozier — Amy
- Darlene Conley — Virginia
Season 1 (1974–1975)
|1||"Market for Murder"||1974·Sept·11|
|3||"Emperor of Death Street"||1974·Sept·25|
|4||"Pawn Ticket for Murder"||1974·Oct·2|
|5||"Death on Delivery"||1974·Oct·9|
|6||"For the Family Honor"||1974·Oct·23|
|7||"Highway to Murder"||1974·Oct·30|
|9||"Downbeat for a Dead Man"||1974·Nov·13|
|10||"Bullet from the Grave"||1974·Nov·20|
|12||"The Longest Fall"||1974·Dec·11|
|13||"The Deadly Sport"||1975·Jan·8|
|14||"Too Many Games in Town"||1975·Jan·15|
|15||"Our Lady In London"||1975·Jan·29|
|16||"Murder on High C"||1975·Feb·5|
|17||"My Son, the Murderer"||1975·Feb·12|
|18||"The Big Rematch"||1975·Feb·19|
|19||"From Paris with Love"||1975·Mar·5|
|20||"A High Fashion Heist"||1975·Mar·12|
|21||"A Few Excess People"||1975·Mar·26|
|22||"I'm Your New Neighbor"||1975·Apr·4|
- In a scene in Quentin Tarantino's 1992 film, Reservoir Dogs, the characters Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi), Mr. White (Harvey Keitel), Mr. Orange (Tim Roth), and "Nice Guy" Eddie Cabot (Chris Penn), engage in a brief discussion regarding Get Christie Love!.
- In the 2002 Austin Powers movie Goldmember, the character Foxxy Cleopatra uses the famous phrase, "You're under arrest, Sugah!"
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows 1946-Present. Ballantine Books. 2003. p. 459. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.