|Created by||Andy Knight|
|Starring||Lyon Smith (also in Magi-Nation)
Megan Fahlenbock (also in Total Drama Island)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Jetix Animation Concepts
|Original run||September 19, 2005 – April 24, 2006|
Get Ed is an American computer-animated television series which debuted in 2005 that aired as a part of the Jetix programming block on the United States cable television network Toon Disney until the channel closed in 2009, and also used to run on the ABC Family channel before they switched over to a non-animated format. As of 2009, re-runs air on Toon Disney's successor, Disney XD. It was Jetix's second original show.
In the series, Ed is an "electro-genetically" enhanced teen who works for Dojo Delivery, a courier service, in the futuristic Progress City. Ed uses his cyber sleuthing skills to thwart identity theft and other information-based crimes. He and his courier pals Burn, Deets, Loogie (accompanied by his puppet Dr. Pinch), and Fizz, along with their friend and mentor Ol’ Skool, must battle the ultimate evil – Bedlam, an industrialist who has taken over a significant portion of Progress City, by means of stealing from, datamining, or outright destroying his competitors.
List of characters
- Ed, the Protector
- Voiced by Lyon Smith. He's a genetically engineered teen in a blue costume, made from the instructions of an ancient alien artifact found by Ol' Skool. As Ed tries to uncover his origins, he also works on the Dojo crew as a delivery boy. On top of delivering packages and figuring out his identity, Ed's side job is fighting evil. He has many equipment that he finds along his journey whose technology is far beyond technology of Progress City, thought to be gifts from aliens for his use. He rides a hoverboard co-piloted by Torch, an AI represented as a little floating fireball hologram with a face. Ed can be a little dense and gullible sometimes, but sometimes he gets flashes of future events that help him and his friends. If it wasn't for his friends, Ed could have accidentally destroyed the world. Ed has a crush on Deets, and the feeling appears to be mutual.
- Deets, the Dreamer
- Voiced by Megan Fahlenbock. Originally named Sarah, she once worked for Bedlam because he captured her parents, but Ol' Skool helped her save them. She flies with a jet glider pack. Deets appears to have a crush on Ed.
- Burn, the Warrior
- Voiced by L. Dean Ifill. He is the unofficial leader of the Dojo. Burn takes pride in being the best of the Dojo group, but with the arrival of Ed, he feels his role in the group has been challenged. Because of this, he's hard on Ed every chance he gets. He rides a bike that is like a motorcycle but with only one flaming wheel. Burn wears a black costume with orange flames. He also hates a lot of other courier teams.
- Fizz, the Builder
- Voiced by Bailey Stocker. She's very smart and being most handy when it comes to technology, planning, and building new equipment for the Dojo. Her quick thinking saves the crew constantly. Her vehicle is a flying scooter. Her symbol is "The Builder"
- Loogie, the Joker
- Voiced by Peter Cugno. He has a funny personality and has catfish puppet named Dr. Pinch that he wears on his left hand; the puppet has a bizarre alter-personality that constantly criticizes Loogie. Loogie sports rocket-powered in-line skates as transportation. His appearance and wackiness makes him resemble Jim Carrey.
- Anthony Ol' Skool, the Teacher
- Voiced by Tony Daniels. He is the older, knowledgeable leader of the Dojo, wise in the ways of delivery, among other things. He is only known as Ol' Skool by his friends. He built Ed from an artifact he found in a warehouse and constantly says he knows more about Ed than he does. He uses a normal skateboard, making him the only one who rides a vehicle that isn't technologically advanced. He used to work with Bedlam until Bedlam betrayed him. He also used to work for another delivery service called Bolt until someone made a book of procedures and they slowly dropped in the courier ranks.
- An AI represented as a little floating fireball hologram with a face. Ed found him in one of Bedlam's older labs that was about to be destroyed. Ed saved Torch from the lab by downloading him, but he only had time to download his core personality. He can show Ed maps of the city and give Ed instructions on how to get to places more quickly.
- Mr. Bedlam
- Voiced by Jamie Watson. He is a greedy bureaucrat who's determined on taken over control of all of Progress City and continue to seek information he desires. His interests, however, have changed to focus more on Ed and wants to know his connection to certain alien artifacts, and leads armies of DNA clones, short clowns and different robots. He's collecting certain items, as well as Ed's DNA. He wants to change his genetic signature to match Ed's. He and Ol' Skool were once business partners until Bedlam cheated him and took the business all for himself, leaving Ol' Skool with nothing. Ol' Skool, however, went off on his own to start the Dojo.
- Voiced by Jennifer Dale. She is Bedlam's personal Artificial Intelligence construct. She exists within the computer of Bedlam's lair, as his personal digital slave, and only appears as an orange hologram of a female's upper torso. She's cunning, and brilliant to boot, sometimes making better schemes than Bedlam himself comes up with, but Bedlam still treats her like any other servant.
- Voiced by Tony Daniels. He is one of Bedlam's more frequently seen slave robots, with the head of a toaster. Not very well built, he's also not a very smart robot, constantly acting immature and fears Bedlam's wrath above all else. Because of his incompetence, he is met with the wrath and mocking of Bedlam very often. After being asked by Kora as to why he keeps him around, Bedlam later states, "I need the toast".
- A powerful robot created by Bedlem to capture Ed.
- A large, T-Rex kept by Bedlam.
- Crouch's robot wife, which is just Crouch in a dress and a wig. Originally a computer simulation, she later appeared in the real world.
- Robotic soldiers that serve under Bedlam's empire.
- DJ Dive
- Voiced by Heather Bambrick. A radio host that knows everything going on in the city, even broadcasting Bedlam's moves during his attempted takeover. Her voice is similar to that of the caretaker.
- Dirk Cheap
- The sole employee of 'Dirk Cheap Deliveries', he reports to his mother, who insists she always be referred to as 'Dispatcher'.
- A robot created by Crouch under Bedlam's orders who suffered a failure that brought him his own consciousness. After that, he becomes a friend for Ed and the Dojo.
- Dr. Hong
- A scientist that is half robot half human and appears to be elderly. He was made by Bedlam in the future and was sent back in time to get Ed. He also has control of nanobots. He is feared by many citizens in progress city due to his appearance, home, and his experiments.
- Buster and Pit
- Ol'Skool's monk sensei, who always nicknames him "hot dog".
- The Caretaker
- She protects the Machine and is responsible for hiding the alien objects in Progress City many years ago. She secretly brings Ol'Skool instructions to create Ed because he will save both worlds (the Earth and the Caretaker's home-planet),
List of episodes