Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls
|Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls|
|Based on||there were two seasons|
|Presented by||Bear Grylls|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Location(s)||South Island, New Zealand|
|Original run||July 8, 2013– present|
Ten teams of two compete to survive in the wild of New Zealand with Bear Grylls as their guide. The teams will perform various tasks and missions as they battle unforgiving terrain: high mountains, glaciers, gorges, the rain forest, rivers and rapids. Each week Grylls will eliminate one team, and the last team remaining will win $500,000.
Season 1 (2013)
|Andrew "Lucky" Larson||58||Carpenter||Stillman Valley, Illinois||Father/Daughter|
|Andrea "Louie" Larson||24|
|Chris Winter||28||Telecommunication field technician||Dallas, Texas||Friends|
|Austin Vach||24||Technical Account Manager||Maple Valley, Washington||Father/Son|
|Jim Vach||61||Fraud analyst|
|Ryan Gwin||24||Technical analyst||Mobile, Alabama||Engaged|
|Madeline Mitchell||24||3rd grade teacher|
|Royce Wadsworth||25||Finance/Human resources||West Hollywood, California||Friends|
|Wilson Sheppard||40||Boat captain||Altadena, California||Married|
|Robin Sheppard||36||District sales manager|
|Canden Bliss Jackson||23||On-air Host||Los Angeles, California||Mother/Daughter|
|Donna Nettles Jackson||51||Fairhope, Alabama|
|Alicia Berkwitt||28||Entrepreneur||Marina del Ray, California||Dating|
|Spencer Hill||35||Bartender/Entrepreneur||Los Angeles, California|
|Esmeralda Depierro||25||Entrepreneur||Miami Beach, Florida||Married|
|Vanessa Vazquez||23||Biology student/Waitress||Chicago, Illinois||Friends|
- Fire: make fire for the whole group.
- Food: make sure the whole group gets fed.
- Obstacle: make sure all the teams go through the obstacles safely and efficiently.
- Shelter: make sure every team has good shelter, and is dry, safe, and warm.
|1||Lucky & Louie||LOW||LOW||SAFE||WINNERS|
|2||Chris & Jeff||LOW||SAFE||LOW||LOW||RUNNERS UP|
|2||Austin & Jim||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||LOW||RUNNERS UP|
|4||Madeline & Ryan||SAFE||LOW||LOW||OUT|
|5||Kyle & Royce||SAFE||OUT|
|6||Robin & Wilson||LOW||LOW||LOW||OUT|
|7||Canden & Donna||LOW||OUT|
|8||Alicia & Spencer||OUT|
|9||Dominic & Esmeralda||LOW||OUT|
|10||Erica & Vanessa||OUT|
- Safe: Winners of the challenge, safe from elimination for the week, and win a trip to the feast pit.
- Low: Team judged to be poor performers.
- Out: Team eliminated
Development and production
In October 2012, NBC gave a green-light for the production of eight episodes of the series. Auditions were held in December 2012 and January 2013 in nine cities in the U.S. The series was filmed in the South Island, New Zealand.
|Season||Episodes||Series Premiere||Season Finale|
|1||8||July 8, 2013||August 26, 2013|
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||"The Wild Is Revealing"||July 8, 2013||4.23|
|2||"Living on the Edge"||July 15, 2013||3.88|
|3||"Leave No Man Behind"||July 22, 2013||3.67|
|4||"The Mountains Will Give You Strength"||July 29, 2013||3.76|
|5||"Don't Look Down"||August 5, 2013||3.79|
|6||"The Tough Get Going"||August 12, 2013||3.71|
|7||"Frozen Planet"||August 19, 2013||3.41|
|8||"No Guts, No Glory"||August 26, 2013||4.15|
- "NBC Sets Debut Dates for Summer Schedule". The Futon Critic. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "NBC Announces 10 Teams to Participate on "Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls"". The Futon Critic. June 13, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- Graser, Marc (October 8, 2012). "Bear Grylls takes on 'Get Out Alive'". Variety. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "NBC's New Adventure-Reality Series, 'Get Out Alive With Bear Grylls' (working title) Launches Nationwide, Nine-City Search For New Contestants" (Press release). NBC Entertainment. November 29, 2012. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "Discovery Network International Acquires "Get Out Alive With Bear Grylls" From Electus International To Air On Discovery Channel Internationally". The Wall Street Journal. April 4, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "Listings - Get Out Alive on NBC". The Futon Critic. Retrieved June 27, 2013.
- Amanda Kondolojy (July 30, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Under the Dome' & 'The Bachelorette' Adjusted Up; 'Mistresses' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers.
- Sara Bibel (August 6, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Under the Dome' Adjusted Up, 'Siberia' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers.
- Sara Bibel (August 13, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Under the Dome' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers.
- Amanda Kondolojy (August 20, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Get Out Alive With Bear Grylls' and 'Mistresses' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment for 'Under the Dome'". TV by the Numbers.
- Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Siberia' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment for 'Under the Dome' or 'Mistresses'