|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
9 October 1983 |
Gethin Anthony (born 9 October 1983) is an English actor. He has appeared in Ten Days to War and Doctors, and played Renly Baratheon in the HBO series Game of Thrones.
He attended the Tiffin School in Kingston-Upon-Thames where he became Head Boy of the school in his final year. He later went on to return to the school as a part-time drama teacher and judge of school events such as House Drama. He received a Scholarship to the British American Drama Academy in London from July to August 2004, where he attended workshops given by Fiona Shaw, Alan Rickman, and Brian Cox. He has a tenor singing voice and he was also trained in African dance with Bode Lawal. Anthony studied English Literature at Oxford University's Balliol College and was President of the Oxford University Dramatic Society, before training at London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
He played Grigory in Boris Godunov at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon from November 2012 to March 2013.
- 2006 Pinochet's Last Stand as William Straw (TV movie)
- 2008 Beyond the Rave as Noddy
- 2009 Into the Storm as 1st Pilot (TV movie)
- 2012 Dreck as Herb
- 2014 Copenhagen as William
- Theatre 503/Latitude's Carrot as Alex
- Theatre Royal Northampton's In Praise of Love as Joey
- High Tide/Old Vic Tunnels Ditch as James
- Birmingham Rep Theatre's Cling To Me Like Ivy as Patrick
- Hampstead Theatre's What Fatima Did as George
- The Old Red Lion's Fairytale
- Tristan Bates Theatre's Death of Cool as Richie
- Old Vic's 24 Hour Plays
- Old Fire Station's Some Voices as Ray
- Oxford Playhouse's Cyrano de Bergerac as Cyrano
- BBC Radio 4's "Small Acts of Kindness " as Charlie
- BBC Radio 4's "Severed Threads" as Jones
- Radiotastic's "The Minister of Chance" as Sutu
- BBC's "Legsy Gets a Break" as John