|Full name||Gevorg Garniki Ghazaryan|
|Date of birth||5 April 1988|
|Place of birth||Yerevan, Armenia|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Left Winger / Right Winger|
|2007||→ Banants Yerevan (loan)||11||(6)|
|2013||→ Shakhter Karagandy (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Gevorg Ghazaryan (Armenian: Գևորգ Ղազարյան, born 5 April 1988) is an Armenian football player who plays as an attacking midfielder but can play up front as well. He currently plays for the Armenian national team and for Greek Super League club Olympiacos Piraeus. Ghazaryan has participated in 32 international matches, scoring nine goals since his debut on 14 January 2007. He previously played for Pyunik F.C. and the youth systems of Pyunik. Ghazaryan is one of the youth talents of Armenia.
In the 2004 Armenian Premier League season, Ghazaryan played for the youth team FC Pyunik, performing in the First League. For the next season, he debuted in the senior first team. On 6 July 2005, Ghazaryan came to the Lernagorts Stadium against the same command, replacing in the half-time interval with Aghvan Mkrtchyan. His first goal for the club happened the following season. On 24 May 2006, in a game against Shirak FC, Ghazaryan entered the field at the 55th minute of the match and, after five minutes, scored his first goal. In the same match, he scored his second goal, having issued such a double (the match ended with the score 7–0).
In 2007, Ghazaryan played in Pyunik for the first round of the Armenian Premier League, then went on loan to FC Banants for the interests of the Armenian youth team. In the first game, Ghazaryan scored a hat-trick. Having played in the second round for Banants, he then returned to Pyunik. Every year that progresses, they see the potential and improve their skills. In 2010, Ghazaryan reached a new, higher support height of his experience. This season, he accounted two hat-tricks and scored twice in the 2010 Armenia Cup final. While Ghazaryan played for Pyunik, the club won the 2006 Armenian Premier League, 2007 Armenian Premier League, 2008 Armenian Premier League, 2009 Armenian Premier League and 2010 Armenian Premier League, the 2009 Armenian Cup and 2010 Armenian Cup and the 2006 Armenian Supercup, 2007 Armenian Supercup and 2009 Armenian Supercup.
On 19 July 2012 in the Europa League soccer match against FK Čelik Nikšić, Ghazaryan made his first hat-trick for Metalurh and gave one assist, thus the Ukrainian club won 7–0. Armenian international midfielder Gevorg Ghazaryan on 26 November 2013 signed a two-year contract with FC Shakhter Karagandy, as various sources said. The 25-year-old midfielder was playing on a loan at FC Shakhter Karagandy. The Armenian international moved to the club this summer. Earlier this month FC Shakhter Karagandy won the Cup of Kazakhstan. He was among the key players as his club made Europe remember its name after an unexpected victory over Celtic in the qualifying round of Champions League play-off.
On 15 January 2014, as various sources said, Armenian national squad’s midfielder Gevorg Ghazaryan will join FC Kairat Almaty.The contract will be signed if the sides reach agreement. In January Ghazaryan tried out at Eintracht Braunschweig but the club wanted to sign him free of charge.In December it was reported that Ghazaryan cannot reach a deal with FC Shakhter Karagandy as the club was not ready to pay the previously agreed amount. Eventually, he finished the 2013/14 season with Metalurh Donetsk.
Ghazaryan will continue his career in Greek Super League by signing for an undisclosed fee a two-year contract with Greek champions Olympiacos, while according to reports percentage of a possible resale lies to his agent Mino Raiola.
Ghazaryan debuted in the Armenia U-21 youth team in the qualifying match against San Marino held on 17 May 2006. In the 63rd minute of the match, the 18-year-old Ghazaryan replaced Armen Tigranyan. This junior match is remembered by many. Having originally won 2–1, it turned out that the Armenian team played an ineligible player. This was followed by regular technical defeat; 0–3. But in the second leg, the youth team won 4–0 and advanced to the next round. One of the goals in the 66th minute was scored by Ghazaryan, opening his account for the youth team goals.
In 2007, he was called up to the senior Armenian national team. In the same year, on 22 August, Ghazaryan debuted in a match against Portugal. This match was a qualifier for UEFA Euro 2008. The match was held in Yerevan Republican Stadium and ended a sensational draw – 1–1. Moreover, the Portuguese team had to recoup. Ghazaryan came off the bench for 58 minutes, replacing Hamlet Mkhitaryan. Ghazaryan scored five goals at the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying stage. He was only outscored in Group B by teammate Henrikh Mkhitaryan and was among the top goalscorers in the qualifying stage.
- Armenian Premier League: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Armenian Cup: 2009, 2010
- Armenian Supercup: 2006, 2007, 2009
- Armenian Premier League Best young player: 2007
- Armenian Premier League Top Goalscorer: 2010
- Player of the Month in Metalurh Donetsk: September 2011
|1||28 March 2009||Hanrapetakan Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Estonia||2–2||2–2||2010 WCQ|
|2||8 October 2010||Hanrapetakan Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Slovakia||2–1||3–1||Euro 2012 Q|
|3||12 October 2010||Hanrapetakan Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Andorra||1–0||4–0||Euro 2012 Q|
|4||2 September 2011||Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall, Andorra la Vella, Andorra||Andorra||0–2||0–3||Euro 2012 Q|
|5||6 September 2011||Štadión pod Dubňom, Žilina, Slovakia||Slovakia||0–3||0–4||Euro 2012 Q|
|6||7 October 2011||Hanrapetakan Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Macedonia||3–0||4–1||Euro 2012 Q|
|7||5 June 2012||Hanrapetakan Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Kazakhstan||1–0||3–0||Friendly|
|8||5 June 2012||Hanrapetakan Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Kazakhstan||2–0||3–0||Friendly|
|9||6 September 2013||Eden Arena, Prague, Czech Republic||Czech Republic||1-2||1–2||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification
- "Геворг Казарян вошел в десятку лучших бомбардиров Пюника" (in Russian). armsport.am. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Գևորգ Ղազարյանը "Փյունիկի" լավագույն տասնյակում" (in Armenian). armsport.am. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- ""КУБАНЬ" ОТПРАВИЛАСЬ В ТУРЦИЮ" (in Russian). fckuban.ru. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Первые новички донецкого "Металлурга"" (in Russian). metallurg.donetsk.ua. Retrieved 9 March 20133.
- "Gevorg Ghazaryan signs 2-year deal with Shakhter Karagandy". 2013-11-26.
- "Shakhter Karagandy boss: Gevorg Ghazaryan was good in Celtic game". 2013-08-21.
- "Gevorg Ghazaryan will join FC Kairat". 2014-01-14.
- "Նոր ռեկորդակիրը Գևորգ Ղազարյանն է" (in Armenian). armsport.am. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Gevorg Ghazaryan". armfootball.tripod.com. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "ARMENIA – PORTUGAL 1 : 1". armfootball.tripod.com. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "EC Qualification". Soccerway. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Դոնեցկի "Մետալուրգը" կտուգանի Գևորգ Ղազարյանին" (in Armenian). ARMFOOTBALL.com. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Казарян будет наказан за бросок мячом в мальчика, подающего "снаряды" Источник: http://www.soccer.ru/news/312161.shtml" (in Russian). soccer.ru. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Հայաստանի հավաքականի ֆուտբոլիստների կանայք (ֆոտո)" (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Կառլեն Մկրտչյանն ամուսնացել է" (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Маркос Пиццелли — лучший игрок "Металлурга" в сентябре" (in Armenian). metallurg.donetsk.ua. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Gevorg Ghazaryan at National-Football-Teams.com
- Profile at FFA
- Gevorg Ghazaryan profile at Soccerway