||This article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject. (January 2010)
Gforth is a project to develop an implementation for ANS Forth. It is part of the GNU Project.
Gforth's goals can be split into several subgoals:
- Gforth should conform to the ANS Forth standard.
- It should be a model, i.e. it should define all implementation dependencies.
- It should become standard, i.e. widely accepted and used. This goal is the most difficult one.
Gforth uses GCC to compile a fast direct or indirect threaded Forth; Gforth is fully ANS FORTH compliant.
- ^ GNU Project Information
- ^ Free Software Directory - gforth
- ^ Gforth Homepage