Ghana School of Law
The Professional Law Course is designed for Law Graduates who have obtain an LLB degree. On completion of this course the graduate is qualified to practice law in Ghana. Until the Ghana School of Law was established in 1958, all lawyers in Ghana were trained abroad, almost always at the Inns of Court in England. By convention all lawyers admitted to practise in Ghana become automatic members of the Ghana Bar Association.
The main campus of the Ghana School of Law is at Makola in Accra.There is a satellite campuses at the University of Ghana in the Legon suburb of Accra. There other satellite campuses also subsequently established at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi to open a second School of Law there. And finally at GIMPA campus near Legon. The Kumasi campus of the GSL was officially inaugurated in November 2010 by Her Ladyship Mrs. Justice Georgina Theodora Woode, Chief Justice of the Republic of Ghana.
- Musah Yahaya Jafaru (5 Oct 2009). "Government Plans Second School Of Law". Daily Graphic.
- "Programmes - Overview". Ghana School of Law. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- "TRAINING OF GHANAIAN LAWYERS". Ghana Bar Association. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- David Andreas Hesse, Hesse & Hesse. "Ghana: Ethics and practicalities". Practical Law Company. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- "Ghana School of Law opens Second Campus in Kumasi". Ghana Broadcasting Company. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- "Ghana Law School Campus Opens at GIMPA as Greenhill-Legon Campus". GIMPA. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Chief Justice Inaugurates Kumasi Campus of the Ghana School of Law". Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. 10 Nov 2010. Retrieved 2011-09-26.