Ghardabiya Air Base
|Ghardabiya Air Base
|United States Department of Defense reconnaissance photo of hangars at Ghardabiya|
|IATA: SRX  – ICAO: HLGD|
|Owner||Libyan National Army|
|Operator||Libyan Air Force|
|Elevation AMSL||266 ft / 81 m|
Due to the 2011 Libyan civil war all flights were suspended however since the end of the conflict Libyan Airlines have resumed service, it is currently unknown if Air Libya Tibesti is using the airport.
|Air Libya Tibesti||Tripoli|
|Tunisair||Tunis (starting January 4, 2014)|
2011 Libyan civil war
It was targeted by United States Air Force B-2 Spirit stealth bombers equipped with precision-guided munitions (PGMs) during the 2011 Libyan civil war on 20 and 21 March 2011. The United States Navy also participated in the attack to deny the Libyan Air Force operational capability with the use of Tomahawk cruise missiles.
- Allies Press Libya Attacks - WSJ.com
- Air Order of Battle
- International flights to operate out of Sirte airport
- BBC News - Libya military operation: Who should command?
- With Libyan Air Defense Neutralized, Coalition Air Forces Target Libyan Ground Forces | Defense Update - Military Technology & Defense News
- Information Dissemination: Libyan Navy Attacked by Fighter Jets - Updated
- Accident history for SRX at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for HLGD at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.