Ghassan Andoni (born 1956) is a native of Beit Sahour in the Bethlehem area. He is a professor of physics at Bir Zeit University, and a Palestinian Christian leader who advocates nonviolent resistance in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Andoni is co-founder of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), founder of the International Middle East Media Centre and director of the Palestinian Center for Rapprochement between Peoples (PCR).
During the First Intifada Andoni was imprisoned for being involved in Beit Sahour’s tax revolt. In 2006, he was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by the American Friends Service Committee along with Jeff Halper of the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD).
- "Jeff Halper". American Friends Service Committee. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- The International Middle East Media Centre
- Interview with Ghassan Andoni on YouTube
- Ghassan Andoni of the Palestinian Center for Rapproachment provides a history of Zionism and his organizations efforts to use nonviolent direct action to end the Israel's occupation.
- On the situation in Palestine After Arafat - 2004-11-18
- Sharon under Pressure: Analysis by Ghassan Andoni - 2004-11-25
|This Palestinian academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|