Ghazipur (Lok Sabha constituency)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ghazipur Lok Sabha constituency (Hindi: ग़ाज़ीपुर लोक सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is one of the 80 Lok Sabha (parliamentary) constituencies in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. This constituency covers part of Ghazipur district.
|Constituency number||Name||Reserved for (SC/ST/None)||District||Number of electorates (2009)|
Members of Parliament
- 1952: Har prasad Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1957: Har Prasad Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1962: V.S. Gahmari, Indian National Congress
- 1967: Sarjoo Pandey, Communist Party of India
- 1971: Sarjoo Pandey, Communist Party of India
- 1977: Gauri Shankar Rai, Janata Party
- 1980: Zainul Basher, Indian National Congress (I)
- 1984: Zainul Basher, Indian National Congress
- 1989: Jagdish Kushwaha,Independent
- 1991: Vishwanath Shastri, Communist Party of India
- 1996: Manoj Sinha, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1998: Omprakash Singh, Samajwadi Party
- 1999: Manoj Sinha, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2004: Afzal Ansari, Samajwadi Party
- 2009: Radhe Mohan Singh, Samajwadi Party
==General elections 2014==
|General Election, 2014|
- "Information and Statistics-Parliamentary Constituencies-75-Ghazipur". Chief Electoral Officer, Uttar Pradesh website.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008". The Election Commission of India. p. 505.