|Years active||2006: Polanski
|Past members||Simon Pettigrew (vocals/guitar)
Jonny Harris (drums)
Robbie Smith (bass)
Mark Treasure (keyboard)
Ghosts are a British indie/pop band from London, and were ninth on the BBC's Sound of 2007 poll. Before signing with Atlantic Records in November 2006 they were previously known as Polanski. Their sound has been compared to Keane, Thirteen Senses, The Bluetones and Radiohead.
Their first single "Stay the Night" began gaining heavy national radio airplay in January 2007 on the Dermot O'Leary show on BBC Radio 2, and then on 9 February 2007, Ghosts made their first television appearance on The Friday Night Project.
On 22 February 2007, the members of Ghosts, three of their roadies and Claire Fowler were arrested on suspicion of stealing beers from behind the hotel bar, and broken lamp in the hotel reception. One of the hotel rooms was flooded during the night by a broken toilet (the hotel was going through refurbishment). Both incidents looked very suspicious, causing the hotel manager to call the police. They were all subsequently released without charge. As it turns out, the hotel night porter had given the band permission to help themselves to the beers in the fridge and keep a tally, he later explained on a Myspace page.
In February 2011 Ghosts published through Myspace two new songs called Never Too Late and Say You're Mine.
- 2007 - "Musical Chairs" / "Departure Lounge" (January 2007)
- 2007 - "Stay the Night" UK No. 25 (March 2007)
- 2007 - "The World Is Outside" UK No. 35 (June 2007)
- 2007 - "Ghosts" (13 August 2007)
- 2007 - The World Is Outside No. 18 (11 June 2007)
- 2006 - Tales From Studio Six
- 2007 - Stay The Night (Sun Session Version)/Don't Cha
- 2007 - Ghosts: AOL Sessions - EP
- 2007 - iTunes Festival: London (20 August 2008)
- "Sound of 2007: The Top 10". BBC News. 2007-01-05. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- Beverly Lyons (2007-02-09). "Ghosts want to scream". The Daily Record. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- Richard Harris (2007-02-23). "Rock band in hotel arrests". The Press. Retrieved 2007-03-05.
- "Ghosts are alive!!!". Ghosts forum. Wed Apr 23, 2008. Retrieved 2009-06-16.