Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
|Ghosts of Abu Ghraib|
|Directed by||Rory Kennedy|
|Produced by||Sheila Nevins
|Written by||Jack Youngelson|
|Music by||Miriam Cutler|
|Editing by||Sari Gilman|
|Running time||82 min. (Sundance Film Festival)|
Ghosts of Abu Ghraib is a 2007 documentary film, directed by Rory Kennedy, that examines the events of the 2004 Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse scandal. The film premiered January 19, 2007 at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival.
Working Films coordinated the US national community engagement campaign with Ghosts of Abu Ghraib. It brought together the National Religious Campaign Against Torture, the American Civil Liberties Union, faith groups, and others to end US policy sanctioning torture.
The film was nominated for 4 Emmys at the 59th Primetime Emmy Awards in the categories of Outstanding Non-Fiction Special, Outstanding Directing for Non-Fiction Programming, Outstanding Picture Editing for Non-Fiction Programming, and Outstanding Sound Editing for Non-Fiction Programming. It won the award for Outstanding Non-Fiction Special.
- http://festival.sundance.org/filmguide/popup.aspx?film=4649 Retrieved 2007-09-16
- "Ghosts Of Abu Ghraib (HBO) - Reviews from Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 2007-09-16.
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0912585/releaseinfo Retrieved 2007-09-16
- Lee, Daniel (2008-08-06). "The real picture". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2010-05-03.
- http://www.emmys.org/awards/2007pt/59thnominations.php Retrieved 2007-09-16
- http://www.emmys.org/awards/2007pt/crtvarts_wrap.php Retrieved 2007-09-16
- Ghosts of Abu Ghraib Official Website
- Ghosts of Abu Ghraib at Working Films
- Ghosts of Abu Ghraib at the Iraq Media Action Project
- Profile, from the 2007 Sundance Film Festival
- Ghosts of Abu Ghraib at the Internet Movie Database
- Ghosts of Abu Ghraib at Rotten Tomatoes
- Ghosts of Abu Ghraib at Metacritic
- Ghosts of Abu Ghraib at allmovie
- Mother Jones review of Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
|This article about a war documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|