Ghouls (video game)
Acorn Electron cassette cover
|Distribution||5.25" DFS Disk (BBC Micro)
Cassette (All platforms)
Ghouls is a platform game, set in a creepy mansion on top of a hill. The player character has the appearance of a Pac-Man sprite on legs and in a similarity to that game can also eat yellow dots for extra points. The main goal of the game however, is to obtain the treasure which is guarded by the deadly inhabitants of the mansion. The player must make their way through rooms such as Spectre's Lair, Horrid Hall, The Spider's Parlour and Death Tower.
Various in-game objects must be negotiatied such as poison-smeared spikes, moving platforms, contracting floorboards, powerful springs and bouncing spiders.
The game was well received by the gaming press. The Micro User said the game is "simple but effective". They were particularly impressed with the presentation of the game stating "The game is visually successful in creating a spooky setting, and choosing to play with sound effects only enhances the atmosphere". Electron User also praised the graphics and "eerie sounds", labeling the game "extremely addictive" and concluding "We've come to expect high standard games from Micro Power and Ghouls is one of their best!".
- Sergeant, Alan. "Electron User review archive: GHOULS". Electron User. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Ghouls". Lemon 64. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "TheLegacy::Ghouls". The Legacy nostalgic game museum. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Acorn Electron cassette inlay". Ghouls. 1984.
- Torevell, Karen. "The Micro User review archive: GHOULS". The Micro User. Retrieved 2011-12-05.
|This article about a video game released for 8-bit computers is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|