Father Giancarlo Gramolazzo (Ortonovo, Italy, 1945 - Rome, 8 November 2010) was an Italian Roman Catholic priest who served as an exorcist. He was the president of the International Association of Exorcists until his death.
Born in Ortovo, north of Italy, he join the order of Saint Luigi Orione at the age of 12, where he was ordered as a priest in 1973, to become president of the Institute of orphans of Roma-Montemario.
He was dedicated during 30 years to exorcism, becoming president of the International Association of Exorcists, founded in 1993 by father Gabriele Amorth, who still remains its honourable president. Father Gramolazzo has over thirty years experience as an exorcist. He helped Father Gabriele Amorth in a 1999 exorcism of a nineteen-year-old woman. The next day the same woman who appeared at the Vatican underwent another exorcism performed by Pope John Paul II.
In September 2004, in Mexico City, Mexico, Father Gramolazzo addressed the more than five hundred participants including exorcist priests from various dioceses in the country at the annual meeting of the International Association of Exorcists.
He died in Rome at the age of 65, after a serious disease, as Radio Vatican informed on November 12, 2010. The funeral was officed in the Roman church of All Saints, presided by bishop Giovanni D'Ercole and concelebrated by 60 priests, with the presence of family members, exorcists and representatives of the Association Family of the Immaculate, founded by himself.
- ABC News, Putting Faith to the Test (Satan Unmasked), Joy Ciarcia-Levy and Richard Gerdau, May 8, 2007
- Zenit, Italian Exorcists Dispel Misconceptions, September 23, 2005.
- The Gale Encyclopedia of the Unexplained, Religious Phenomena, page 205.
- Catholic News Agency, Mexicans Confront Satanism with National Meeting of Exorcists
- http://www.elpais.com/articulo/Necrologicas/Giancarlo/Gramolazzo/lider/mundial/exorcistas/elpepinec/20101117elpepinec_1/Tes Obituary, El Pais, 17 Nov 2010 -Spanish-
- Mexicans Confront Satanism with National Meeting of Exorcists
- Italian Exorcists Dispel Misconceptions, September 23, 2005
|This article about a Roman Catholic clergyman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|