Gibbon Village Hall, built in 1895, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location of Gibbon, Minnesota
|• Type||Mayor - Council|
|• Mayor||Jeff Gatton|
|• Total||0.88 sq mi (2.28 km2)|
|• Land||0.88 sq mi (2.28 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,050 ft (320 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||767|
|• Density||877.3/sq mi (338.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0644116|
As of 2000 the median income for a household in the city was $37,321, and the median income for a family was $53,125. Males had a median income of $31,413 versus $30,694 for females. The per capita income for the city was $17,897. About 3.6% of families and 7.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.7% of those under age 18 and 8.0% of those age 65 or over.
As of the census of 2010, there were 772 people, 353 households, and 210 families residing in the city. The population density was 877.3 inhabitants per square mile (338.7 /km2). There were 394 housing units at an average density of 447.7 per square mile (172.9 /km2). The racial makeup of the city was 95.5% White, 1.3% African American, 0.3% Asian, 2.3% from other races, and 0.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.4% of the population.
There were 353 households of which 26.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.6% were married couples living together, 8.5% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.4% had a male householder with no wife present, and 40.5% were non-families. 37.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 20.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.19 and the average family size was 2.85.
The median age in the city was 44.6 years. 22.8% of residents were under the age of 18; 5.4% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 22.1% were from 25 to 44; 25.7% were from 45 to 64; and 23.8% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.6% male and 51.4% female.
- Doloris Bridges, New Hampshire politician
Gibbon is the district office and elementary school home of GFW ISD #2365. It also hosts Prairie Lutheran School, St. Peter's Lutheran School and the Starland School.
- Nord, Mary Ann (2003). The National Register of Historic Places in Minnesota. Minnesota Historical Society. ISBN 0-87351-448-3.
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File". American FactFinder. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 27 April 2011.